title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Slow metadta load.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Robstreperous
    • Jul 2021

Slow metadta load.

Hi. New user here. New to the forum. Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

I've read a couple of threads on this problem but I'm not sure what to do about it in my case.

I'm running the CD Ripper in 17.4(1). Trial version. I don't mind converting to full license and plan to. OS is OSX 11.4.

For about a week I was cruising right along and ripped a few hundred CDs. No drama.

Then about a week ago for no reason I can determine my metadata load times went through the roof. Eventually they'll load but they take a very long time. Doesn't seem to matter if the source material is obscure or popular. Example: Just for a test Dark Side of the Moon took somewhere between 15 and 20 minutes.

I've tried to do an unistall/reinstall but I don't think it worked as my reinstalled version maintained my target drive settings.

My internet bandwidth is stable, secure and fast.

My green tab's providers section has only the first 5 checked.

What else might I try?

Thanks. ---Rob
  • Dat Ei
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Feb 2014

Re: Slow metadta load.

Hey Rob,

Originally posted by Robstreperous
    My green tab's providers section has only the first 5 checked.

What else might I try?
    most of the times it is one of the providers who have performance problems. So you can try to disable providers one after the other.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Robstreperous
      • Jul 2021

Sure. And thank you. So... I take it none of the providers are mandatory right?

Comment

• Dat Ei
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Feb 2014

Right.

Dat Ei

Comment

• Robstreperous
          • Jul 2021

Eureka! It was GD3.

Earlier on when I was trouble shooting I stopped de-selecting providers because it seemed to me I was making things worse.

That conclusion was false.

Resolution path: Disable providers one provider at a time until response time improves.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...

]]>