title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can I import from USB?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Can I import from USB?

This software consistently gets good reviews for Mac users, but before I purchase can I ask a basic question -
    Can I import music from a USB storage device (Western Digital)I already have? Iíve already ripped 400 CDs with album artwork and would like to transfer it onto dBPoweramp without having to re-rip it all again.
    Donít know if this is relevant, but the ripping was from a Naim UnitiStar.
    Thanks for any help.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Can I import from USB?

The main functions of dBpa are accurate ripping of CDs and tagging, handling and converting of music files. Most ripping programs don't care about errors during the ripping process. These result in flaws in your audio files, some you will not notice, some lead to skips and other distortions. Here dBpa can help you with its accurate rip technology. I know ripping 400 CDs is no fun, but is no drama too. A lot of users around here have ripped several thousands of CDs. The next point is that dBpa helps you to tag your music files with meta data while ripping. dBpa access several online databases for those infos. dBpa can't grep meta data for your old, existing music files. So to get the most out of dBpa and not only the handling and converting functions, it would be best to re-rip the CDs.

Dat Ei

Fully understood thank you.
    I wish I&*8217;d known how good it was before, could have saved hours !!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Timj View Post
    I wish I&*8217;d known how good it was before, could have saved hours !!
    Full ack! I've ripped my collection (now ~3.500 CDs) in the beginning of the 2000's with iTunes into mp3 files. Bad, bad idea...

I've done it a second time with dBpa some years ago. This time I've decided to rip to flac. I don't regret the work - it was worth it.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Full ack! I've ripped my collection (now ~3.500 CDs) in the beginning of the 2000's with iTunes into mp3 files. Bad, bad idea...

I've done it a second time with dBpa some years ago. This time I've decided to rip to flac. I don't regret the work - it was worth it.

Dat Ei
    I did the same thing. Itunes > mp3. But reripped all the FLAC with dbpa. about 6 or 7 thousand CDs to re-rip!!! Just finished the last 1000 or so last summer during lockdown.

Wow, impressive... but that fills me with dread!
    We&*8217;ve all been there - this will be my third ripping project. Which is why I wondered if I could import what I&*8217;ve already done (on FLAC) to save time?
    I accept the benefits of dBpa & will definitely use it for the rest.