title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

unable to rip cd and convert .cda

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kevinloh
    • May 2004

unable to rip cd and convert .cda

I don't know what happen but when I tried to rip the cd to mp3 I could not. I use the CD ripper program and it pops up Unable to inst ASPI, now I updated the codec amd no more pop ups but then it says pleasew insert audio cd but the cd is already inside. So I use db Power amp Music converter to convert .cda to .mp3, It says unable to decompress D:\Track01.cda CODEC decompressor cannot be opened and also Unable to read D: drive. What's going on? I tried uninstalling but no use. I use other cd ripper same problem please insert audio cd but the cd is already inside. It wasn't like this the last time i used it. IS there any thing wrong with the CODEC /ASPI? If you view D drive you can see alll the tracks. Applications from cd will run smoothly. Why can;t the cd ripper program and music converter convert my .cda file to an .mp3 file? I also used Windows media player copy from cd they say unable to play from digital mode click ok for analog but the nothing happens and it won't burn the cd. What's wrong with my computer not enabling to copy .cda files
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: unable to rip cd and convert .cda

What version of windows are you using? Have you tried checking the FAQ on the dBpowerAMP site?

Wayne

Comment

• raverz
      • May 2007

I have the same issue. also, when i open the cd in windows explorer, the files are all 1KB in size. However, the music plays fine. Is this some sort of copyright control coz the files are my own sound recordings.

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

All audio cds show up as ".cda" files. You need to use a CD ripping software to rip the audio to separate files, you cannot just copy them.

Comment

Working...

]]>