title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Is there a column that lists DSP Effects?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Is there a column that lists DSP Effects?

I finished the AAC conversion process of my FLAC songs in dBpoweramp's Batch Converter. I applied ReplayGain in the conversion process and I am aware that there are ReplayGain columns in Batch Converter. I am going through a post conversion process to make sure my ACC songs were converted properly before I load the songs onto my primary music player and MP3 player. Now, I looked at both the DSP Effects list on dBpoweramp's website and the columns on Batch Converter. I did not see a DSP Effects column or any column options that list other DSP Effects. If I wanted to find out if a song had a DSP Effect in addition to or instead of ReplayGain, which column(s) in Batch Converter or, if applicable, other programs such as Music Converter would I select to see that DSP Effect?

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Is there a column that lists DSP Effects?

The dsp effects used (information string) are not written to any part of the converted file.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thank you for the reply. On the subject of DSP Effects I have a general question. Like I stated previously, I only used ReplayGain for the DSP Effect. I used ReplayGain when I ripped my CDs to FLAC, applied it to some other songs I acquired over the years [e.g. Napster, mp3.com, Amazon, etc (Yes, I backed up the original files before the application process)], and when creating m4a/aac copies of my FLAC songs. Now, I understand that ReplayGain is basically an add-on attachment that has no impact on the song itself, that it applies its function to hardware and software players that have ReplayGain capability (e.g. media players, mp3 players, and stereos)or the songs play in their normal functions if they don't have that capability, and ReplayGain can be removed from a song if I wish.

I know that there are a lot of other DSP Effects available with dBpoweramp, most of which I will likely never use. But out of curiosity, do all of those DSP Effects when applied to songs, like ReplayGain, only get applied as add-on attachments to the songs and not impact the songs themselves, their functions are only applied with hardware and software with those DSP Effects capabilities, and can be removed from the songs, or do some or most of those other DSP Effects alter the songs themselves?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Bespin1138; 07-18-2021 at 04:07 PM.

Administrator

Almost all change the audio in some way.