title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Batch Converter DSP Effects Settings Question

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Batch Converter DSP Effects Settings Question

I have a general question about the DSP Effects setting in Batch Converter. I am preparing to create AAC copies of my songs with ReplayGain applied during the conversion process. In its DSP Effects settings I added my ReplayGain file. Out of curiosity, I decided to add my ReplayGain file again and there was still only one ReplayGain listed in the DSP Effects list section. Would I be correct in understanding that Batch converter only accepts one ReplayGain setting file at a time and overwrites or removes the existing ReplayGain setting if I add a new ReplayGain file? If yes, does this same rule apply when converting to other audio formats such as FLAC, ALAC, MP3, or WMA? Also, does Batch converter accept only one of each type of DSP Effect in its list if there were multiple DSP Effects listed (e.g. ReplayGain, Loop, or Karaoke) and overwrites or removes the existing effect if a new version of the same DSP Effect is added?

Thanks.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Batch Converter DSP Effects Settings Question

Quote Originally Posted by Bespin1138 View Post
    I have a general question about the DSP Effects setting in Batch Converter. I am preparing to create AAC copies of my songs with ReplayGain applied during the conversion process. In its DSP Effects settings I added my ReplayGain file. Out of curiosity, I decided to add my ReplayGain file again and there was still only one ReplayGain listed in the DSP Effects list section. Would I be correct in understanding that Batch converter only accepts one ReplayGain setting file at a time and overwrites or removes the existing ReplayGain setting if I add a new ReplayGain file? If yes, does this same rule apply when converting to other audio formats such as FLAC, ALAC, MP3, or WMA? Also, does Batch converter accept only one of each type of DSP Effect in its list if there were multiple DSP Effects listed (e.g. ReplayGain, Loop, or Karaoke) and overwrites or removes the existing effect if a new version of the same DSP Effect is added?

Thanks.
    I suspect it only accepts a DSP once per setting. But why would you want to enter any DSP twice within a single conversion? I can't think of any reason.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I was asking out of curiosity. I am not very familiar with all the ins and outs of audio settings. I have no intention of trying to apply 20 ReplayGain files or 20 other DSP Effect files in one conversion. This is my first time using an audio conversion program where I also add a DSP Effect. Better safe to ask than sorry.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bespin1138 View Post
    I was asking out of curiosity. I am not very familiar with all the ins and outs of audio settings. I have no intention of trying to apply 20 ReplayGain files or 20 other DSP Effect files in one conversion. This is my first time using an audio conversion program where I also add a DSP Effect. Better safe to ask than sorry.

to be safe, add any DSP effect only once in a single conversion. (maybe this is like the legal warnings I've seen on lawn mowers: "This device is not suitable for cutting hair or trimming toenails")