title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Technophobe!

Technophobe!

Hi
    I'm a complete novice to this, but I've got a largeish CD collection about 1200-1500 Cd's and I want to put them on to a hard drive, I've got iTunes and the iPod the apple easy to use system was great until i realised that it was compression format.
    So I've got a work laptop that I don't want to clog up with HiRez audio files, my current thoughts are to get a separate SSD hard drive and save all of the audio files to it via the laptop, is this possible?
    is it easy to do? can I then move copy the saved files to a memory stick to enable me to play the music files on the ford sync 3 radio thing in the car?
    HELP!
    Thanks for your time and probably patients!

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Technophobe!

If you are going to continue to use iTunes, as well as the iPod, and also want to move to a lossless format, you should be considering ALAC as your format.

But I&*8217;m not sure if this will be compatible with your Sync 3 system via USB. I don&*8217;t know if that system supports any lossless formats at this time. In this case you may want to consider using TuneFusion to convert your lossless files to a compatible lossy format like mp3 on the fly when adding them to a USB drive,