title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CD Ripper does not work on new Apple Mini with M1 Chip (OS X Big Sur 11.4)

CD Ripper does not work on new Apple Mini with M1 Chip (OS X Big Sur 11.4)

Hello,

I am using since many years dBpoweramp and CD Ripper. I just changed to a new Apple Mini using the M1 chip. Unfortunately, CD Ripper does no longer work here: the CD is read, but the conversion (in my case: multi-conversion FLAC & MP3) does not work (it shows CPU-2 activity not starting/stuck). Using the same configuration on older Macs I never had issues. Even after un-checking "Multi-CPU" support issue is the same.

Will there be a version supporting M1 chip?

Greetings from Germany, rk-elektroniker

Administrator

Re: CD Ripper does not work on new Apple Mini with M1 Chip (OS X Big Sur 11.4)

R17.4 runs natively on the M1, we now have 2 versions in the same install, old mac and new macs. Are you using R17.4?

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    R17.4 runs natively on the M1, we now have 2 versions in the same install, old mac and new macs. Are you using R17.4?
    Actually, yes it is version 17.4. Freshly installed. Seems that one of the encoders (I am econding for MP3 and FLAC) does not start - the process is waiting forever, the whole machine gets blocked and usually needs a reboot.

Administrator

What is the output to path set to? the local hdd? or network drive?

I am directing the output to a network driver (which on the prior MacPro 2009, also OSX Big Sur, worked flawlessly). The whole setup was transferred from the old machine to the new one using a Time Machine backup.

Administrator

It could be the location has a different mount location, check that the location dBpoweramp is trying to write to exists. As a test change the location to your local SSD drive and see if that works.