title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How do I apply ReplayGain to Existing Songs

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

How do I apply ReplayGain to Existing Songs

I have finished ripping all of my audio CDs to FLAC and applied my ReplayGain settings to those songs during the ripping process. I have under previous discussions got the general information on how to create lossy AAC copies of my songs. Before I create AAC copies of my songs, I would like to apply ReplayGain to some other songs of mine that I have collected over the years. These are songs that I downloaded from the likes of Napster, mp3.com, the now-defunct Google Play Music Store, and Amazon Prime music. I am aware that I can apply ReplayGain to existing songs through the dBpoweramp Batch Converter program. To avoid the possibility of screwing up my songs (even though I have created a backup copy of my CDs and will create a backup copy of my downloaded songs before conversion), my questions are:

1. How do I apply ReplayGain to my existing songs in the Batch Converter while keeping the songs in the same format?

2. If I can apply my ReplayGain settings file to the ReplayGain conversion process in Batch Converter, How do I do that?

3. On a side note, when I create AAC copies of my FLAC songs, I would also like to apply the ReplayGain settings from my ReplayGain file. Is it possible for me to add my ReplayGain settings file to the AAC conversion settings in Batch Converter? If yes, how?

Thanks.

Administrator

Re: How do I apply ReplayGain to Existing Songs

Convert the Files to the encoder as [Replaygain], it comes as standard with R17, choose it from the encoder drop menu. This does not change the audio, it reads the file and writes the replaygain ID Tag.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bespin1138 View Post
    3. On a side note, when I create AAC copies of my FLAC songs, I would also like to apply the ReplayGain settings from my ReplayGain file. Is it possible for me to add my ReplayGain settings file to the AAC conversion settings in Batch Converter? If yes, how?

Thanks.
    When you convert the FLAC files to lossy, just add the ReplayGain DSP in the conversion process.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.