title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Display scan/rescan progress?

Display scan/rescan progress?

Hi - I'm a Mac user running R7.2 registered. I've been using Asset for a while, back to some version of 6.x

I seem to remember a long time back that when I ran a scan there would be some indication of how how much has been scanned but I'm no longer seeing that. It wasn't displaying last time I ran R6.6, so I updated to R7.2 - still no progress indicator. I've tried both "rescan" and "clear database + rescan".

It appears that Asset is doing something; if I monitor disk activity it shows up with moderate usage (usually ~10MB/sec with occasional spikes up to 100MB/sec), so I get the feeling that it's working on it, but I can't tell without watching disk activity and certainly have no idea how far it's getting.

Can anyone think of a reason why progress might not be displayed? Or am I misremembering completely and there is no progress report?

EDIT: In case it matters, I'm running 2 instances, both referencing internal hard drives.
    EDIT2: This issue may coincide with my upgrading to Catalina, but I can't be sure.

Thanks,
    David
    Last edited by MuseOfOne; 06-24-2021 at 08:45 PM.

Re: Display scan/rescan progress?

Once you start the scan, simply click "Back to main page" Progress is displayed under "Status"

Quote Originally Posted by nytimez View Post
    Once you start the scan, simply click "Back to main page" Progress is displayed under "Status"
    Honestly I have no idea what you're referring to by "main page". As far as I know the only way I can access Asset is through a pulldown from the icon at the top of the screen, there is no persistent window. I'm guessing you're running Windows, and the UI is different than mine.

Super Moderator

The pulldown page shows progress while scanning:

Sorry, just now saw your reply, Peter. That's where I remember it being, but it isn't displaying properly anymore. This is what I see while scanning:
    Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 1.40.20 PM.jpg

Super Moderator

Indeed, progress display for more than one instance is missing, I'll address that for the next update.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterP View Post
    Indeed, progress display for more than one instance is missing, I'll address that for the next update.
    Yep, just verified that it does display as you demonstrated when I disable one of the instances. Thanks!