title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Problem in programs accessing internet - didn't see place to set internet options

Smile Problem in programs accessing internet - didn't see place to set internet options

First sign of problem was it checking for an update -- couldn't contact dbpoweramp.com

Beyond that it sorta went out to lunch looking for album art.

Do the programs automatically read the system settings for how to access the internet? Especially for things
    like proxy settings? Could that be added, otherwise that sorta shoots down my idea to purchase at least the
    perfect tunes group, and others as I try them out and figure out what they do. But if they can't contact
    the internet, especially searching for album art is likely to fail.

Thanks, looks interesting, if I can get it to work.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Problem in programs accessing internet - didn't see place to set internet options

dBpa uses the network settings of your OS - that's all. Any special security software running which might block dBpa?

Dat Ei

Administrator

Re: Problem in programs accessing internet - didn't see place to set internet options

Run dBpoweramp control centre >> Advanced settings >>

connect through proxy server

Note that most internet lookup now is HTTPS and many proxy servers can stop that working.

Hmm...will have to check it out, since my browsers all work and some of them run off those settings...strange.