title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Tag problems

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arslonga
    • Jun 2021

Tag problems

My only complaint about your excellent ripping program is the difficulty of knowing in what order information on the tags to a ripped CD will appear on ones hard drive. I am never sure what item will show first, and I also don't understand why sometimes extra folders within folders will get created, so that navigating to find a particular piece can take a couple of more steps than strictly necessary, and knowing exactly what is in a particular file is difficult. I wonder if there's a post-facto fix for this, and I word urge you to provide clearer instructions for file labeling to new users of the program.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Tag problems

File order is based on the filename, alphabetic, unless you write to a USB flash disk and as used in some cars (which is based on order written).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• mville
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Arslonga
      I wonder if there's a post-facto fix for this, and I word urge you to provide clearer instructions for file labeling to new users of the program.
      Nothing is broken so there is nothing to fix. You probably need to read the help on Path and Naming.

Comment

• Oggy
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2015

Originally posted by Spoon
        File order is based on the filename, alphabetic, unless you write to a USB flash disk and as used in some cars (which is based on order written).
        Yes, my Pioneer car unit does this reading from a USB stick: this is (obviously) the only time I see a random order.

Can anyone suggest a way around this please?
        Last edited by Oggy; 06-18-2021, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• garym
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Nov 2007

Naming and folder creation is not random, but based on how you have setup your path and dynamic naming string. See:

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

TuneFUSION has a special write option which orders them correctly on a FAT32 formatted stick.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Oggy
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Apr 2015

TuneFUSION has a special write option which orders them correctly on a FAT32 formatted stick.
              Thanks Spoon.

Does TuneFUSION integrate with Batch Converter? If not that write option would make an excellent DSP (please!!).

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

It is not possible to do it as a DSP effect, TUNEFusion is stand alone, it has the abilities of batch converter, but better for the task.
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Oggy
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2015

It is not possible to do it as a DSP effect, TUNEFusion is stand alone, it has the abilities of batch converter, but better for the task.
                  Thanks.

TuneFUSION purchased and installed, will direct questions in that thread.

Comment

Working...

]]>