title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Show already ripped tracks in R17?

Show already ripped tracks in R17?

I just upgraded to R17.3 from R16, and there is either a feature missing, or I have forgotten to set some configuration value correctly. What used to happen is this:

1. When ripping a CD, some of the tracks would be marked as insecure, after re-ripping some frames
    2. When the disc was complete, I would remove it and gently wash it with a little bit of Dawn detergent and water, then dry it
    3. I would reinsert the disk. CD Ripper would recognize the disk, and show the same Album Artist, Album, and Artist, and it would show the Rip Status values for each of the tracks, as well as a checkbox for each track that was not ripped (that I had maybe skipped the first time around because of too high frame re-ripping)
    4. I could then check the ones I wanted to re-rip (or rip initially), or maybe choose "re-rip insecure" or something similar.

Now when I re-insert disks, CD Ripper displays the original Album Artist, Album, and Artist values, and not the ones I adjusted. It does not show the Rip Status values, and all tracks are checked. So I have to re-enter the values, and figure out which tracks I want to re-rip.

Did this feature change, or am I just missing some configuration?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Show already ripped tracks in R17?

Feature did not change on my end. But not sure why not working for you. Something to do with cache??

Administrator

Under metadata ensure dBpoweramp Cache is enabled as these results are stored there.

Thank you for your reply. I've made a comparatively reasonable search of the various options in the settings dialog, and I don't see where the dBpoweramp Cache is enabled or disabled. Can you walk me through the process of finding this setting? Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by wla2000 View Post
    Thank you for your reply. I've made a comparatively reasonable search of the various options in the settings dialog, and I don't see where the dBpoweramp Cache is enabled or disabled. Can you walk me through the process of finding this setting? Thanks!

In CD Ripper screen, click on green MENU item at top, then select "retrieve metadata from" in the dropdown menu, then tick dbpoweramp cache as one of the options.

OK thanks. I found it. My problem was that I had unchecked all the providers in the "Active Providers" menu (in an attempt to not retrieve the meta data at all, since most audiobook metadata is not worth much, and audiobooks are really the only thing I regularly rip). As a result the dBpoweramp Cache option was grayed out in the "retrieve metadata from" menu. So I made the cache an "active provider", and now can retrieve metadata from that cache!