title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Want to confirm: applying RG to existing MP3 files doesn't convert the file again?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DeekyDeekle
    • Jun 2021

Want to confirm: applying RG to existing MP3 files doesn't convert the file again?

I'm sorry if I'm not explaining it correctly. Essentially, I want to use the Replaygain utility to add replaygain values to existing MP3 files, but I don't want it to convert the file again and make it more lossy than before. Does the utility simply analyze the file for the correct value and add it to the tag? Thanks!
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Want to confirm: applying RG to existing MP3 files doesn't convert the file again

Originally posted by DeekyDeekle
    I'm sorry if I'm not explaining it correctly. Essentially, I want to use the Replaygain utility to add replaygain values to existing MP3 files, but I don't want it to convert the file again and make it more lossy than before. Does the utility simply analyze the file for the correct value and add it to the tag? Thanks!
    correct. It only adds ReplayGain tags, and does not modify the file audio.

Comment

Working...

]]>