title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: 2021 iMac CD Drive

2021 iMac CD Drive

I've been through the CD Ripper list from 2019, but from what I can tell, most of those drives are internal. Has anyone found a good external drive for use with XLD or dBpoweramp? I didn't feel like I needed to spend $140+ on a Pioneer, but if all the other Asus ZenDrive and off-brand (like Nolyth) drives are crap, maybe I'll reconsider that money spent on a Pioneer.

Thanks!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: 2021 iMac CD Drive

Quote Originally Posted by asharpgclef View Post
    I've been through the CD Ripper list from 2019, but from what I can tell, most of those drives are internal. Has anyone found a good external drive for use with XLD or dBpoweramp? I didn't feel like I needed to spend $140+ on a Pioneer, but if all the other Asus ZenDrive and off-brand (like Nolyth) drives are crap, maybe I'll reconsider that money spent on a Pioneer.

Thanks!
    I have used various cheapo drives. That is the beauty of accuraterip matching. Drive does not matter much.

Re: 2021 iMac CD Drive

That's kind of what I was gathering, but I wanted to be sure. Then I'll probably get the ZenDrive or something similar. I'm not sure I want to go with a no-name brand like Nolyth just because of the nice slot style insert...

Thanks!