title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How to rip directly to external hard drive using iMac

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

How to rip directly to external hard drive using iMac

Silly question, but I just got dBpower Amp and cannot figure out how to rip directly to the external drive without going through iTunes. It keeps ripping to iTunes even when I select no......

Administrator

Re: How to rip directly to external hard drive using iMac

What do you mean ripping to iTunes? you mean iTunes appears and starts ripping?

I'm sure it's user error since I'm 60 years old and no longer "up to speed". I am trying to rip directly to a Samsung SSD external hard drive but I can't seem to do so. And it keeps asking if I want to add to iTunes library and I say no. But that's where it ends up and nothing on the external drive. I've had this project on hold forever and finally decided to move forward so very frustrating. I used to be in the music business and I've got about 3000 CDs I need to rip and let go. I've looked at Youtube videos and it seems very straight forward. FYI- I am using an older iMac, not my new one since the old one still has a built in drive but that shouldn't be related to this issue.

Administrator

> And it keeps asking if I want to add to iTunes library

iTunes will ask this, select no and close iTunes, then run dBpoweramp CD Ripper. In the lower left corner you can choose where it writes to.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

iTunes only has options to Show CD, Play CD, or a few options to Import CD. But there is no option to ignore that would be preferred. Usually when I am ripping I close iTunes to avoid having it poke its head up. Otherwise I leave it running in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by GBrown View Post
    iTunes only has options to Show CD, Play CD, or a few options to Import CD. But there is no option to ignore that would be preferred. Usually when I am ripping I close iTunes to avoid having it poke its head up. Otherwise I leave it running in the background.
    OK, thank you both for your suggestions. I'll give it another try since I took the day off work and it's going to be 117 degrees here today. Good day to be inside. Will let you know how it goes. Thanks again. It has so be something really simple....