title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tunefusion menu's, text and graphics malfunctioning

Re: Tunefusion menu's, text and graphics malfunctioning

Unfortunately the update install, reinstall or repair install of Windows has not resolved this issue, the application is still not rendering correctly as per the screenshots shared, and is also not sync'ing anymore. The only option I haven't taken is tantamount to a fresh windows install meaning I would have to reinstall every application and reset all my configurations, all to resolve just one of my applications issues unless something can be suggested here? What puzzles me most is why this one application only is impacted if it is a windows problem? I have a few other Illustrate applications as well as a broad range of applications with a myriad of dependencies, so why is only TuneFusion being impacted? Is there a way to backup all my sync's and config for TuneFusion and then a way to complete remove it as if its never been installed, and then reinstall it? Cheers JasH

dBpoweramp Guru

I don't think you need to re-install windows. My guess is the issue is related to the Nvidia drivers/GTX 1660 Super graphics card.

First, I would try removing all related Nvidia drivers, software and the device from device manager (Nvidia probably have a utility to remove all Nvidia related stuff from your system, including the registry). Reboot and allow Windows to install a driver for the device and then see what happens in TuneFUSION.

Good suggestion, so I hit the NVidia website, researched and downloaded the relevant tools, completely uninstalled all NVidia software and drivers in safe mode and rebooted letting Windows install a display driver. unfortunately TuneFusion unchanged, still a corrupted interface and none functioning......

TuneFusion TM.png
    So far everything discussed in this thread has failed to get TuneFusion working correctly again, I have exactly the same issue as illustrated in the screen shots shared at the beginning and I also have the scenario illustrated in this comment with processor consumption (10-20%) being untoward for an application that is not performing the activity it has previously been so good at completing. It seems excessive to completely flatten my PC and hope that the application will then install and work as it used too, especially as there is a risk as I reinstall my applications that the issue reoccurs...any further suggestions or configurations to review?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JasHDahi; 06-23-2021 at 10:14 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Sorry, I am out of ideas. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Thanks for trying...one positive is that the PC is booting up a lot faster than before having done all this troubleshooting and scanning.

Administrator

Nothing about this makes any sense. The same code drives dBpoweramp, menus, etc.

The CPU usage also, if you ensure it is not running an active sync, it should use 0% cpu

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JasHDahi View Post
    Windows 10 firewall and AV
    Just to confirm, what is AV?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Just to confirm, what is AV?
    Anti Virus

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Nothing about this makes any sense. The same code drives dBpoweramp, menus, etc.

The CPU usage also, if you ensure it is not running an active sync, it should use 0% cpu
    I agree, and I have checked both applications throughout the process of trying the suggested remedies. Each day I booted the PC (so much faster now, so some good!) this week and TuneFusion is consuming the same resources and yielding the same lack of usable interface as described. Earlier in the week I left it running all day and kept my eye on the source and destinations I have configured, and none of the new music is being sync'd at all. Each day I have also run a series of windows diagnostics and monitors but all is healthier than ever.

Is there a way I can create a backup of my configuration before uninstalling TuneFusion completely, also any tips on ensuring all TuneFusion reference's are removed to attempt a new clean install?

I will happily share any logs or screen prints if there is anything you need to see.

Administrator

In case there is a bad setting in tunefusion I would not backup any configuration from it, remove the syncs, uninstall, manually look for old files in the install folder and remove, then reinstall.

dBpoweramp Guru

Anti Virus
    So you are running Windows Defender?

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    So you are running Windows Defender?
    I didn't realise they still called it that, with it being so embedded into the Windows Security 'console', but i would say yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    In case there is a bad setting in tunefusion I would not backup any configuration from it, remove the syncs, uninstall, manually look for old files in the install folder and remove, then reinstall.
    Uninstalled and cleared up all folders, files and registry entries for TuneFusion, rebooted and reinstalled.

Successfully running again.

I did take a look at retaining some of the bin files in the hope of not having to rebuild sync's and back came the problem. In case it useful for you the Syncs.bin on its own reintroduced the issues, while re-adding only the DeviceFileName and FileNames files caused no fault but brought no benefit either and so a FULL uninstall and CLEAN install has worked.

I've just got to try and rebuild the syncs exactly as they were before now to avoid hours and hours of processing for re-encoding files or copying them across my network.

As usual thank you all for the tips/help.

Uninstalled and cleared up all folders, files and registry entries for TuneFusion, rebooted and reinstalled.

Successfully running again.

I did take a look at retaining some of the bin files in the hope of not having to rebuild sync's and back came the problem. In case it useful for you the Syncs.bin on its own reintroduced the issues, while re-adding only the DeviceFileName and FileNames files caused no fault but brought no benefit either and so a FULL uninstall and CLEAN install has worked.

I've just got to try and rebuild the syncs exactly as they were before now to avoid hours and hours of processing for re-encoding files or copying them across my network.

As usual thank you all for the tips/help.
    I have been able to restore a previous backup of the appdata folder and files for TuneFusion and that seems to have enabled all of syncs without having to rebuild and resync them all.

Except that is my main sync which copies all of music to a HDD attached to my AssetUpNp serving Pi's USB HDD. This has taken 2 days so far to copy (1:1 all) 3% of 45,000 files, when i would expect it to be seeing that the files exist already and so dont require copying again!

Have I missed something either as to why it is copying the files over again when they already exist, or as to the speed of sync/copy?

Cheers