title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tunefusion menu's, text and graphics malfunctioning

Tunefusion menu's, text and graphics malfunctioning

I have got so used to the application just sitting in the back gorund and working that today when I brought the Car's SD card in to update with my mp3/m4a's, I was surprised to find that the window appeared but no list of syncs was displayed. A little exploring and I discovered neither were the menu's visible correctly when selected from the few text fields evident, being displayed either as an empty black or white box only. In fact the only visible controls were the edit buttons when I hovered the mouse across the sync lists, and they yielded a crude dialogue with a few of the options visible. I dont know when this started and am running v1.4 on the latest windows 10 pro updates. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to no effect, help?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator

Re: Tunefusion menu's, text and graphics malfunctioning

Try a full restart of Windows, when this happens it normally means the GDI subsystem is corrupted. The Black box menu is just a simple Windows menu, it is Windows which tries to show it.

Done a restart and opened as many other applications on my PC as possible to check for similar issues unfortunately (fortunately!) not found the issue in any other so far. Is this a scenario where I'll need to perform a full Windows repair install do you think or is there any thing to try before going that far?

Administrator

You could try this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...4-b3e5e56fe234

Also try updating your graphic card drivers.

What resolution is your display set to? and what DPI (or scale factor) is applied?

Hi, Rebooted in basic safe mode and I have the same issue as in the screen shots and a normal boot. I have also ensured I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed for my GTX 1660 Super card. I have a dual monitor set up with the main display a Dell U2413 connected on HDMI at a native resolution of 1920x1200 and with 100% scaling, both of these being the windows recommended settings. I have a second 4k HDR screen on a display port connection and have tested this issue with both set as main monitor, also singly and under multiple display configurations with none having any positive impact in any set up. FYI the menu's can be either black or white blanks when they appear, and some icons but no text appearing if the mouse pointer is moved over them....

Hi, I updated to v1.5 but unfortunately no change.

dBpoweramp Guru

Which security software are you using?

Dat Ei

Windows 10 firewall and AV

So far I have used the Microsoft SFC and DISM tools to check/fix any issues and still not resolved this problem, is reinstalling windows 10 the next course of action required?

Administrator

You can try a different computer?

I am unsure what that will achieve, I have a PC specifically to manage my home network and for photo editing, also a laptop and a works PC neither of which is it useful to add this functionality to. I have no doubt that TuneFusion would work perfectly on them just has it has for a few years now as a key part of my home tech management on this PC and its predecessor. I am sure that the issue is caused as you describe by something having gone wrong with the Windows build, I was hoping to narrow down the likely causes to help fix the issue, but it sounds like this isn't possible and so my next action is a repair/rebuild/reinstall of Windows.

Administrator

You could try the reinstall of windows.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by JasHDahi View Post
    So far I have used the Microsoft SFC and DISM tools to check/fix any issues and still not resolved this problem, is reinstalling windows 10 the next course of action required?
    You can try a Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade, rather than a re-install.

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    You can try a Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade, rather than a re-install.
    Thanks v much. before i work my way through the guides in the link i am wondering if any one has images or screen shots of the Tunefusion context menus. i would like to trigger a quick refresh of a couple of my syncs before i attempt another fix?

cheers

Administrator

The first (top most) item is 'Sync All'