title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: PerfectTunes / dbPowerAmp do not recognize Network Attached Storage (NAS) device

PerfectTunes / dbPowerAmp do not recognize Network Attached Storage (NAS) device

I am new to PT and dbPA. My music library is on a Network Attached Device (NAS), specifically, a Sony HAP-S1.

Neither PT nor dbPA can "see" the NAS. Win10 recognizes the NAS as a Media Device. Windows Media Player can access the NAS without any issues.

Both PT and dbPA recognize other computers with the "add folder" option - but not the NAS.

Any advice would be greatly apprecaited.

Thank you!

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: PerfectTunes / dbPowerAmp do not recognize Network Attached Storage (NAS) device

Your NAS needs to work as a storage device, not media device. Can you enable SMB / Samba file services on the Sony?

Dat Ei

Re: PerfectTunes / dbPowerAmp do not recognize Network Attached Storage (NAS) device

Thank you, Dat Ei, for your prompt and informative response. This points me to the path I need to follow.

The Sony unit came with simple GraceNote software installed, as well as some basic transfer software (last updated 2013) that uses Windows Explorer - which is why I was surprised that PT and dbPA didn't automatically recognize the drive.

I'm not familiar with SMB/Samba (yet) but will head down that path.

Again, thank you for your help.

Sans-Nom