title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Old (but new) iHAP422 - worth it to use?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lossless Nesman
    • Jun 2021

Old (but new) iHAP422 - worth it to use?

A bunch of years ago, I bought a LITE-ON iHAP422-98 9 to eventually build an accurate ripping machine. But. Life intrudes and it has sat unused for all those years and I've continued to just rip with whatever computer I had handy. I bought this drive because it checked all the boxes for accurate stream, caching, C2 errors, HTOA, and overread. Question: Is it worth it to try to put together a system around this drive for ripping my library to FLAC + cue sheets (I have most of the needed components including a motherboard with PATA), or should I just buy a drive from the 2019 accurate drive list (the ASUS?) and be done with it? I would like as accurate a rip as possible, such that if I wanted to, I could reverse the procedure and burn a CD that was as close as possible to the original (gaps and all). All ideas welcome, I've been out of the game for a while, so may be ignorant of current trends & tools. Thanks.
  • garym
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Nov 2007

Re: Old (but new) iHAP422 - worth it to use?

With AccurateRip, almost any drive will work fine. Key is that different drives may behave differently with different CDs. Always good to have 2 or 3 possible drives. Sometimes a $5 cheap drive will rip a CD that a more expensive drive will not.

BOTTOM LINE. if dBpa reports accuraterip match, you are good to go.

Comment

Working...

]]>