title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Saving Metadata to disc

Saving Metadata to disc

I enter all the Metadata for an album and it get's lost if the computer or dBpoweramp freezes up or if power goes out while ripping. Basically, anything that prevents the disc being ejected normally. I think the Metadata is being saved to disc when the CD is ejected. I was wondering if this could be changed to when the user clicks on the Rip button? The data should be good at that point. I don't know how many times this has happened, but it's enough that it's aggravating. I don't want to have to eject and then reinsert the disc before every rip, but it seems that's the only way to save the data to disc in case of a freeze-up. Any thoughts?

Another thought is to maybe add a save Metadata feature to the right click menu.
    Last edited by HowlinMad; 05-31-2021 at 12:39 PM.

Administrator

Re: Saving Metadata to disc

Noted

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Noted
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HowlinMad View Post
    Thanks.
    While we're on the metadata subject, I've had a couple of compilation albums that I re-ripped and the saved metadata was retrieved with the exception of the Compilation field being left blank. ??

As I'm dealing with my memory, this might be my error. I just tried one after my post and it did remember the setting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Last edited by HowlinMad; 06-21-2021 at 12:21 PM.

Administrator

Just tested and compilation check box is preserved.