title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rip Problems

Rip Problems

I have been using DB poweramp for a while mainly for tagging my collection that I ripped in EAC. Now I have started to use poweramp for ripping new CD's and I can't get it right. Even if a CD is brand new or an old one but in perfect condition I recive RIP errors and re-ripps that don't sort out the problem. I have a bought a brand new ASUS SDRW-08UM9M-U external CD/DVD drive to replace an an old one that is also an ASUS but that didn't help.
    I just ripped Nanci Griffiths Other Voices Too from 1998. Sometimes I got a track that can't be read sometimes, the last four tracks can't be verified. I re-installed DBP and then it ripped the disc perfect according to Accurate Rip. Then with another CD there is again "There was error"
    When listening to the re-ripped tracks there is stuttering and/or drop outs. I tried to set up the drive according to the manual but that didn't help either. I wan't to Rip once and get a correct result. If it helps I rip everything (2500 Cd's) to wav files and never had this problem before.Can someone please help me sort this out?

Administrator

Re: Rip Problems

First step is to reset dBpoweramp to the default install settings:

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

Tick the option to reset the settings also.

Then reinstall and try to rip a CD with the default settings, if that works try to reconfigure the secure settings.

If this fails, restart your computer in safe mode with networking, and try to rip also:

https://support.avira.com/hc/en-us/a...-in-Safe-Mode-

Thank you Spoon for advice, I tried that as I reinstalled the program but over the old one, I can't find my registrations codes just the invoice that I got when I made the purchase, so I don't want to unistall as I need up to pay agai, if I can't get new ones.
    I just ripped a CD that showed three tracks not ripped correct, I the re-ripped just the three and two
    was reported okey while one was not okey six frames was re-ripped. Trying the same track once gain now there was 1700 frames that needen to be re-ripped. That track was okey yesterday. Another track good yesterday was not okey today.

I have removed both my JRiver and EAC to avoid interference from those software with poweramp. I ripped the same CD twice and the firs rip turned out pefect while the other ripp turned out not secure the last track I just quit ripping since the number of errors was to big. I refreshed the
    rescan for meta data between the ripps. I pasted the cuesheet reports below.

Track 17: Ripped LBA 271155 to 287825 (3:42) in 0:18. Filename: C:\Users\malar\Desktop\Ny mapp\17. 17. Amokk - 666 - House Nation 1998-Unknown Artist.wav
    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 5) [Pass 1]
    CRC32: 708ED82E AccurateRip CRC: 3806AE42 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 018-002c733b-02506a34-11100412-17]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 5 [CRCv2 3806ae42]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 6 [CRCv1 6999f33b]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 4 [CRCv2 cd2ab380], Using Pressing Offset -194

Track 18: Ripped LBA 287825 to 307540 (4:22) in 0:22. Filename: C:\Users\malar\Desktop\Ny mapp\18. 18. 747 - Kent - Rca Victor 1997-Unknown Artist.wav
    AccurateRip: Accurate (confidence 5) [Pass 1]
    CRC32: 92124BC6 AccurateRip CRC: 0180008A (CRCv2) [DiscID: 018-002c733b-02506a34-11100412-18]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 5 [CRCv2 180008a]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 6 [CRCv1 b44f05e1]
    AccurateRip Verified Confidence 4 [CRCv2 a6f06d8f], Using Pressing Offset -194

Track 17: Ripped LBA 271155 to 287825 (3:42) in 0:20. Filename: C:\Users\malar\Desktop\Ny mapp (2)\17. Amokk-666.wav
    AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 6) Insecure [Pass 1, Re-Rip 8 Frames]
    CRC32: 84F0E196 AccurateRip CRC: EBFE4CA3 (CRCv2) [DiscID: 018-002c733b-02506a34-11100412-17]

Track 18: ERROR Ripping LBA 287825 to 307540 (4:22) in 8:21. Filename: C:\Users\malar\Desktop\Ny mapp (2)\18. 747-Kent.wav
    Last edited by Midnightmover; 05-31-2021 at 04:57 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re-Ripping is something that can happen if the condition of the CD is problematic or if the drive is worn. That is not an indicator for the condition of your software.

Dat Ei

Administrator

If you have C2 pointers enabled, try disabling them.

I manage to re install a fresh version of the poweramp. I will try to rip same CDs a couple of times to see if there was something wrong with the earlier install.
    The CD is in perfect condition, the drive is brand new and also this problem is with both my old and new drive and with a lot of CD's I don't blame the software I just asking for help if there is some tricks and hints to use.
    Last edited by Midnightmover; 05-31-2021 at 05:32 AM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightmover View Post
    The CD is in perfect condition,...
    The problem is that one can't judge this by sight. Some scratched CDs can be ripped accurately, some CDs without scratches have errors right from the production.

Dat Ei

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    The problem is that one can't judge this by sight. Some scratched CDs can be ripped accurately, some CDs without scratches have errors right from the production.

Dat Ei
    As a collector I am very picky with my CD's and I have over the years ripped more than 3000 Cd's and just a fragment of these was indcated with errors. I know that a cd can have fault from factory, but the last 30 CD's I have ripped can't all be faulty, and even so get perfect result once and next time can't be read because of too many errors.

dBpoweramp Guru

Sounds like your drive is, starting to have read problems. Have you tried cleaning the lens with IPA and runners? Many a time in my retail days a seemingly dying CD player was saved by a simple clean.

If this fails maybe try an alternative drive.

Was given a CD the other day that was very badly scratched, but actually ripped error free, another with fingerprint marks didn't want to know until it was cleaned. Unfortunately two drives and discs are never exactly the same.

I have a new drive but maybe I should return it, just a week old, but I used an old one so I tough that one was giving up on me so therefor I bought a new one. I have the same trouble with both. Over the years I have ripped more than 3000 discs using EAC with just a little amount of faulty cd's. Those that didn't work in EAC usually get good results in JRiver I think less than twenty discs have been faulty over the years. The problem I can't figure out is that a track can be read as perfect and next time with same settings it is full of errors. It goes from zero till thousands frames. Right now I have re installed reset the program (thank's to Spoon) I have a question about communication in ripper options there is three options named: SCSI Pass Trough another SCSI Pass Trough read(D8) What are they doing when I used the D8 version there was a difference in bits comparing the same file one was faulty and the D8 was good but missed 10 bits.
    So, if a CD's have errors how can I rip it to have a file that still play ok? Like when listening in a CD player?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightmover View Post
    So, if a CD's have errors how can I rip it to have a file that still play ok? Like when listening in a CD player?
    These use different methods. Computer drives read the digital data and hand over those data to the computer, even if they are faulty. An Audio CD player tries to read the data, detects errors and interpolate the data, before those data are handed over to the D/A converter. Sometimes this method is inaudible, sometimes not.

Dat Ei

Administrator

You would need SCSI Pass Trough

I have installed a new ASUS 24b3st and it wont rip a thing. errors out out as soon as it reads. i went through the control folder access and granted access to all the .exe files on your list. it only showed the .exe files in the w10 tool so i was no able to grant access to the accuraterip.dll when after installing the ASUs 24b3st i reverted back to my regestered verson 16.? and it has now updated to v17.7 the drive works fine with ripping to itunes. i even turnd off the control folder access swithc but no luck. im stuck help

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 1' to 'E:\Music\Rush\Moving PIctures 40th Anniversary Live 81\01 Rush - 2112 - Overture.flac'
    Error unable to open File 'E:\Music\Rush\Moving PIctures 40th Anniversary Live 81\01 Rush - 2112 - Overture._' for writing. [clEncoder::BeginConversion]

Never mind. when in installed new drive it changed the drive letter of my HDD in the process and DBP could not find a valid drive to write to. problem solved

Hi there, this is my first post, and 'rip problems' appears to be appropriate...

I just ripped a CD and got 'inaccurate' on one track. It doesn't say why but the implication is that there might be a flaw on the disk. However, after 2 more tries with the track and getting the same result I just played it via VLC on my MacBook Air and it sounded OK.

Does this simply then mean that what was ripped does not exactly match what is on some database somewhere? I'd just like to know if it's something I need to worry about. This was a brand new CD and only the 3rd I've ripped since buying the software so I don't want it to be a problem. I inspected the disc visually and it appears as clean as any new CD - not absolutely perfect but with only the smallest marks visible under bright light.

Thank you.