title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ALAC to AAC (iTunes)

ALAC to AAC (iTunes)

Hello,
    I've used dbpoweramp software for years now in the process of creating my Plex library. I recently moved to Windows 10, so I re-installed and then upgraded to the latest version R17.

Problem: when I use dbpoweramp batch converter to convert ALAC to AAC, I get nothing but errors like this:

Error converting to m4a QAAC (iTunes), 'C:\Users\mcn\Music\Rush\2112\1-01.m4a' to 'C:\Users\mcn\Music\Rush\2112\1-01.m4a'
    Error writing audio data to StdIn Pipe [clEncoder::EncodeBlock]

Doesn't seem to matter what options I select for the AAC codec. Having used this software for so long without issue I am surprised.

Has anyone fixed this problem?

Thank you,

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: ALAC to AAC (iTunes)

IIRC you need iTunes (program not app) on your system. Is iTunes installed?

Dat Ei

Thanks for the reply,

I have the program, iTunes 12.11.3.17.

I got this to work. Not sure what process actually did it, but I removed dbpoweramp 17.3 and used registry cleaner from CCleaner, then re-applied 17.3 from my downloads. When I first put on Windows 10 on my machine I used R16, then did an upgrade of that to R17.3. This all happened during pandemic lockdown so I went for a long period of not ripping any CDs, so who knows. Perhaps just going to R17 without upgrade helped.

I am just glad I can resume putting CDs onto my Plex server again.

Thank you,