title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset v7 not picking up new tracks/albums when added to library

Asset v7 not picking up new tracks/albums when added to library

Hi There.

Asset R7 (standalone) running on WHS 2011 (windows server 2008 r2).
    A single Asset Instance with 45373 tracks and 3681 albums.

Of late I have noticed that new tracks/albums are not added when copied into the folder defined as the Audio Library.
    The "Detect and Catalog new tracks" option is enabled in the advanced configuration, and this was working just great for many moons.

If I rip a CD into the library folder it is picked up no problem, but files copied to the library from elsewhere are not (at least for the last couple weeks (about 20 albums).
    If I run "detecting changes" of course they are picked up OK.

Any ideas as to what I might need to do to have the files copied into the library detected. Is it perhaps something to do with the timestamps on the files?

cheers
    s.

Administrator

Re: Asset v7 not picking up new tracks/albums when added to library

Windows disables the file change notifications when there are too many files in a given folder tree. You could try adding a 2nd root folder and put some music in there.

Re: Asset v7 not picking up new tracks/albums when added to library

thanks Spoon! I will give that a try. Windows... sigh!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Windows disables the file change notifications when there are too many files in a given folder tree. You could try adding a 2nd root folder and put some music in there.