title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Albums with ripping errors, not present, cannot check???

Question Albums with ripping errors, not present, cannot check???

I'm at a loss regarding what to do with the findings from PrefectTunes:
    828 albums total
    10 albums have ripping errors -
    ~ I haven't checked each track but the ones I have checked, play just fine. So, what have I learned?
    31 albums not present in AccurateRip
    ~ What does this mean? They did not load into the AccurateRip database? I assume, that they cannot even be checked?
    596 albums cannot check

So, if I add 596 ("cannots") and 31 ("not presents") I have 627 total unchecked albums? Therefore, out of 828 albums, I have ambiguous knowledge for 201 albums? Within those 201 albums, there are 10 ripping errors (un-defined errors at best)?

Is there documentation that might help me sort through this?

Administrator

Re: Albums with ripping errors, not present, cannot check???

>~ I haven't checked each track but the ones I have checked, play just fine. So, what have I learned?

You have learnt that your rip has errors, they might be small and inaudible, however your files are different than the music studio intended. Often a cd drive will interpolate, that means it inserts silence when there is an error, listening for silence is difficult.

>31 albums not present in AccurateRip

These might be in AccurateRip but the pressing offsets might put them outside of the checking range, however PerfectTUNES reports that there is no match for those albums.

>596 albums cannot check

There will be a reason given for each one, perhaps the audio has been encoded to mp3 (which is not lossless, so cannot be checked).

@Spoon,
    Thanks for the input. Many are SACD rips. Perhaps that's at the root of the problem?

"There will be a reason given for each one, perhaps the audio has been encoded to mp3 (which is not lossless, so cannot be checked)."
    ~ Where/how do I view the reason? Is there a report I'm missing?

Administrator

Select the Cannot check item in the top left list box, then for each album it will say:

Cannot Check: [reason]

SACD rips which are not 16 bit would not check with AccurateRip as they are not cd quality (16 bit)

Thank you @Spoon for this information. It's a great help
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Select the Cannot check item in the top left list box, then for each album it will say:

Cannot Check: [reason]

SACD rips which are not 16 bit would not check with AccurateRip as they are not cd quality (16 bit)