title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can No Longer Read Data with Mouse Cursor

Question Can No Longer Read Data with Mouse Cursor

I have dbAmp's Reference R16.6 (Family Pack) and, until recently noted, I was able to get the data from an mp3 file by putting my mouse cursor over the file name. Now, I can no longer get this to happen. I just am learning about Perfect Tunes. Has that replaced that function? What will Perfect Tunes give me.

Also, I want to know if I should upgrade to REference R17. What improvements are there?

I just want to get back the ability to read the data of mp3 files by placing my cursor over the file name.

Any help would be appreciated.

Administrator

Re: Can No Longer Read Data with Mouse Cursor

Uninstall dBpoweramp, then reinstall it. PerfectTUNES does not provide this functionality.

I did as Spoon recommended but the problem of the panel opening with the cursor over the file name persists. Today I decided to tackle the problem again, and I upgraded my software to dbAmp's Reference R17. The id tag does display properly at the bottom of my Windows 7 Professional folder, but the tag does not open a popup panel when I hover my mouse over the file name. It is frustrating that this functionality does not seem to work. I'm wondering if there is a Windows service that I have closed off or if there is some other setting that will get this function to work again.

Administrator

What shows if you hold the mouse over a audio track? what shows if you hold over an image file (such as jpg)?

Thank you for your rapid response, Spoon! Nothing happens when I hold the cursor mouse over either an mp3 file or a jpg file. In both cases, the cursor just sits there.
    This function used to work fine (even if a bit sluggishly), but I wonder if there isn't some flaw in a Windows 7 file?

Administrator

Spoon, you are the man! I cannot believe how quickly and easily I fixed this issue by your directing me to the weblink! I have no idea why the first option in the article was unchecked. I certainly did not uncheck that option for popups. Perhaps a cleaning program did it. In any case, I am happy as a clam to have this feature working...and I owe it entirely to you!