title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Not Audio CD" error message

Re: "Not Audio CD" error message

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    ..... The fact tgat even the file explorer does not see your drive and the CD is a bad sign. As long as your PC doesn't see those, I can't imagine that dBpa can.
    There are some inconsistencies. In post 7 he says that Device Manager can see the drive, and in post 3 it appears that CD Ripper can see it, as pressing the eject icon in CD Ripper will eject the disc, although I believe it would do this even if the tray was empty, so we still haven't established whether Windows can actually see the CD as a music CD.

I'm not convinced the OP knows how to use File Manager to view the CD and for some reason he isn't able to load the jpeg I attached in post 5 which would show how Windows sees a music CD in File Manager. I assume others can load this jpeg ok.

Administrator

The jpeg image shows ok here.

I agree that if File Explorer can't see my drive and the CD, then dBpa probably can't either, I disagree that it can be a bad computer setup for two reasons:
    1) One computer on which it wont show up functioned perfectly several months ago with an earlier version of dBpa.
    2) The other computer on which the drives do not show up is not only brand new but I had it installed b the best computer tech in the city. So while improper setup is possible, it is extremely unlikely

How do I completely uninstall all this correctly and start over?????

Administrator

https://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthr...rom-the-System

but before this, restart the computer in 'safe mode with networking' to see if that works:

https://support.avira.com/hc/en-us/a...-in-Safe-Mode-

Guys I really appreciate your help but we have a ways to go.

1) Sorry about the jpeg file I was clicking on the little icon and not the words after it. However I do know what I should be seeing and I am not.
    2) As for inconstancies, I have been working with two nimbies and two computers for 3 to 4 hours nightly and longer on weekends for over two weeks and I kept getting inconsistent results and different outcomes with different combinations and having JUST gone from Windows 7 to 10 isn't helping a bit!

So I am putting one computer and one Nimbie aside and hence forward only working with the new one of each.

Spoon, I could not see any CD Rom in File Explorer as I should. And likewise nothing showed in CD Ripper or Batch processor and disks were ejected as not audio cd when I attempted to rip. Next I followed your advice and went to safe mode but nothing changed I went to control panel and erased every dbpoweramp app and file I could find as well as anything that looked like it might be associated. These included AccuratRip.dll, AMG, Batch ripper, CD grab, Core converter, dbpoweramp-thunk32, dbpropertyhandler.dll, dbshell.dll, dbthumbnail provider, DMC file collector, the Bruadex State's Nbdhp driver for the Nimbie, as well al all the QQ stuff.
    Then I looked all through the systems file to insure they were gone. I then inserted the install disk that came with the new Nimbie. When I hit install I was surprised to see the message "driver already installed". I was further surprised on installing dbpoweramp to get messages to the effect "application exists, do you want to erase before installing (recommended). None of there apps and files were supposed to be there! Anyway I installed everything except the QQRipper and QQBoxxPro3 applications.

I went to File Explorer and there under (C was BD-RW ROM Drive (E Audio CD listed as it always should have been. But here it gets even stranger When I go to Batch ripper nothing shows and when I go to CD Ripper here is the complete listing of a CD "Tears of Stone". This CD was not only absent from the Nimbie but had not been in the Nimbie since yesterday when I unsuccessfully tried to rip a stack of CDs. It was even physically in a different room at the time! Puzzled as what to do I hit rip and it seemed to copy everything to my music folder and then it stopped. I ejected it and inserted another CD but like before the CD ripper couldn't read anything.

To continue my nightmare, on going back to File Explorer I no longer could see BD-RW Drive (E audio CD, it was gone!!! However now in its place is listed is a different BD-RW which instead of being listing as an Audio CD, it is listed (Install 2017 July). AND IT IS DRIVE D; NOT DRIVE E: AS BEFORE

So Device Manager sees the CD-Rom and says it is working properly while File Explorer doesn't list a correct CD-Rom Audio CD drive as being present as it should, CD ripper cannot read any data from a disk inserted into the Nimbie but is apparently looking for a different drive location, and Batch Ripper just ejects disks as not audio cd while looking at a different drive location

To say I need help is the understatement of the century!
    Last edited by pmonroe73150; 05-24-2021 at 03:13 PM.

Don't know where in the world these smiley faces came from but edit won't let me take them out. Not my day?

Just went to AOL to check my email, came back, looked at File Explorer and found that no CD-Rom(s) are listed under (C as it was the case a few moments earlier.

Administrator

I am not sure how you would debug this, the drive has to appear in windows explorer, and when you insert an audio CD it has to show Audio CD next to the cd drive letter, then batch ripper / cd ripper would work.

Are you remote desktop connecting to the machine? cd drives do not appear through remote desktop.

No the Nimbie is directly connected to the computer via a USB 3.0 cable. How come after erasing everything, on inserting the install disk I get messages that Nimbie driver is still there and dbpoweramp file are still there? I see Microsoft posts in my browser that it is not uncommon for a CD-Rom drive to show up in the Device Manager but not in File Explorer. Trying to trace this to an online fix keeps leading me to sites wanting to sell me driver repair programs, etc, Pgh! As to my Nimbie/dspoweramp issues I can't see why I am the only one having this problem. What are the odds I have a malfunctioning computer?
    Last edited by pmonroe73150; 05-25-2021 at 12:14 PM.

Spoon, I am going to try to erase dbpoweramp from the other (old) computer and try to install from the installation disk again. Please look at post *20 and see if the deleted files were the ones I should have erased and if I missed any. Thanks.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by pmonroe73150 View Post
    No the Nimbie is directly connected to the computer via a USB 3.0 cable. How come after erasing everything, on inserting the install disk I get messages that Nimbie driver is still there and dbpoweramp file are still there? I see Microsoft posts in my browser that it is not uncommon for a CD-Rom drive to show up in the Device Manager but not in File Explorer. Trying to trace this to an online fix keeps leading me to sites wanting to sell me driver repair programs, etc, Pgh! As to my Nimbie/dspoweramp issues I can't see why I am the only one having this problem. What are the odds I have a malfunctioning computer?
    No driver repair program will fix this, it is very uncommon, this is the first time I have come across this in 15+ years, and 40,000 posts on this forum. CD drives if in device manager are always in file explorer. If you have other computers you can try on then do so.

Well, well, well! Although I didn't get this resolved here, I was able to get it fixed, thank goodness. A close friend who is not an IT guy, but nevertheless is very computer savvy took care of it. First he had to do extensive work on repairing the registry, then manually removed everything, and then manually re-installed everything and that took care of it. The difficulty possibly may have been caused because I didn't download everything in the old version of dbpoweramp before uploading the new, but maybe not.