title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Not Audio CD" error message

"Not Audio CD" error message

I have the latest version of dbPoweramp installed and my nimbie configured as the CD player. When I place a stack of audio CDs on and select rip no meta data is found and CDs are slowly ejected in sequence through the front slot with the message "Not Audio CD". I have spent two frustrating weeks trying to fix this but can't on either of two Nimbies. Please help

Administrator

Re: "Not Audio CD" error message

Manually load a disc into the nimbie, then load CD Ripper (not batch ripper), does the disc show up?

A not audio CD message, means just that, have a look in explorer, the disc should show as:

Track01
    Track02

if it is an audio cd.

As per your instructions I manually loaded three commercial audio CDs in my Nimbie and went to CD Ripper. No Disk shows up. When I hit the Rip icon nothing happens, The next icon beside it ejects a disk when hit, the next icon which is supposed to re-scan the cd and re-read meta data when depressed flashes but does nothing else, the menu icon shown nothing out of place as far as I can tell. Settings at the bottom left are as follows:
    Profile - Default
    Rip tp - Flac
    Path - Music
    Naming - [IFVALUE], Album, Artist, Album, Artist,[IFCOMP}
    CD drive - E: Pioneer - BD-RW BDR-212M

So no meta data will show up with CD ripper nor will depressing the Rip icon do anything
    Again with batch copier when loaded with a stack of COMMERCIAL CDs it just spits them all with the message "Not Audio CD". And this happens with two Nimbies one old and the other brand new.

OH, if it makes any difference, I don't use explore, I am using Chrome and the Windows is Windows Home 64

Quote Originally Posted by pmonroe73150 View Post
    OH, if it makes any difference, I don't use explore, I am using Chrome and the Windows is Windows Home 64
    The reference to "explorer" was to the File Explorer in Windows, not the Internet Explorer (where you are using Chrome instead). Using the File Explorer you should be able to see the Nimbie, and if it recognises the disc as a music CD you will see the tracks listed as Track01, Track02 etc.

I have attached a screen print of File Explorer showing my external DVD drive, and when I highlight that it lists the tracks on the CD.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sorry, I can't get your attached image to open. I went to file explorer and Music folder and didn't see anything except data on rips made years ago. I got out 5 more CDs (making sure they were commercial music CDs) and tried to run Batch Ripper. Again the first disk ejected stating "Not Audio Disk". Then it briefly said "Retrieving Meta Data" and almost immediately up comes a NEW message "dbpoweramp-Thunk32" (Whatever that is) continuing with "This application is not designed to run on its own". Then it continued to try to get meta data without success and ejected remaining disks as Not Audio CD.

Earlier I contacted Arconova Support and they said the Nimbie was working properly as long as it was running disks through., that they knew very little about dbpoweramp and I should contact this forum for help as my difficulties must somehow be software related with a corrupted file, an installation glitch, or something.
    Last edited by pmonroe73150; 05-21-2021 at 01:02 PM.

OK, I went to File Explorer and then control panel and then Device manager and then paulwin10 and then to DVD-Rom Drives and finally found Pioneer BD-RW DDR-212M USB Device (WHEW1)
    Under general tab I found "Device Status - working properly"
    Under DVD region tab I found "Region 1-USA
    Under Driver tab I found "Ver 10.0 19041.1 Best driver selected"
    Under Details tab I found "Value - CD Rom Driver"
    Under Events tab I found "Pioneer&product -BD=RW_BR 212M

So File Explorer sees the Nimbie (I Guess)
    I am 88 years of age and admittedly not too computer literate but getting this to work shouldn't cause 3 weeks grief!

I can't think why the image won't open, it's just a jpeg and all you need to do is click on it.

If you are looking at your music folder in File Explorer then you would expect to see the previously ripped CDs, assuming that's where you stored them. The suggestion was that you use File Explorer to look at the CD loaded in the Nimbie to see if it lists the tracks. Having said that, your new error message suggests a different type of problem anyway and one that the more technical folk would need to advise on.

I understand BUT it won't show the CD loaded in the Nimbie AND this happens on two Nimbies one old and one brand new, attempted on two computers running Windows !0, one two years old and one 5 days old!

Well I switched Nimbies and now I am back to just one error message "Not Audio CD" on the older one. Guess I will send the new one back, but I sure need to get this working as I have about 900 CDs to rip and I sure don't want to do them one at a time

I'm not familiar with Nimbie or Batch Ripper; I assume it's Batch Ripper that is returning the error message "Not Audio CD". What message do you get if you load CD Ripper? If it doesn't see a music CD it should display "Insert audio CD".

The purpose of looking at the CD in File Manager was to see if Windows recognises it as a music CD. If it does, then that's a start but we haven't established this yet.

Administrator

Open Windows File Explorer, click on the Nimbie drive and look what is contained on the drive, it should say Audio CD next to the drive letter.

Thank you for your help, Sir. There is NO Nimbie drive showing up in the Windows File Explorer. I changed USB ports on this (new) computer to no avail. As earlier stated I have two Nimbies (one absolutely new) and Nimbie does not show up on the File Explorer of either. BTW, I tried using QQBoxxPro3 (which I really don't like) and it loaded and ripped a stack of 5 CDs without difficulty. So the Nimbies are apparently OK (I guess) and the problem is somewhere in dbpoweramp with a corrupted file or something but too, the problem is the same on two Windows 10 computers. It stumps me!

Would it be a good idea just to uninstall the whole shooting match and start over with a new install???? I tried that on one computer but kept getting a can't find the path and other messages that the computer couldn't uninstall. Later I found spoonuninstall in another folder.
    Do I use spoonuninstall.exe to do a complete uninstall and is thee more to it than that? I paid a computer tech $100 last week to uninstall everything but on reinstall when we got to the Nimbie driver the computer said it was still there. This program hates me I think.

dBpoweramp Guru

From my poit of view as an user I would say that it isn't dBpa that is the source if your trouble, but the setup of your operating system. The fact tgat even the file explorer does not see your drive and the CD is a bad sign. As long as your PC doesn't see those, I can't imagine that dBpa can.

Dat Ei