title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Only Manual Metadata Search works

Only Manual Metadata Search works

I am a long term user. But I only used the package with default settings. Metadata magically appeared when I was connected to the Internet. Much ripping ensued.

I recently upgraded to the latest version & when I insert a CD the manual metadata search window pops up automatically.

Any tips or troubleshooting guidance as to how I enable automatic metadata retrieval please.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Only Manual Metadata Search works

Have you ticked all the boxes next to metadata sources ("retrieve metadata from" menu item in dropdown menu for tagging on CD RIPPER page)?

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Have you ticked all the boxes next to metadata sources ("retrieve metadata from" menu item in dropdown menu for tagging on CD RIPPER page)?
    Thanks for responding. This was the first thing I checked. Just checked again. All boxes checked.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Parris View Post
    Thanks for responding. This was the first thing I checked. Just checked again. All boxes checked.
    Hmmmm, it's almost like dbpa doesn't think your computer is connected to the internet?

Gary, I didn't word my query very well.

I'm connected to the Internet for sure. I scan the barcode of a CD in Discogs, copy& paste the URL in Manual Metadata Search & BINGO!the metadata & cover art appear in dbpoweramp almost instantaneously.

Any ideas how I can make this happen automatically?

dBpoweramp Guru

Which security software have you installed? Maybe it's blocking the webaccess for dBpa.

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Gary, I didn't word my query very well.

I'm connected to the Internet for sure. I scan the barcode of a CD in Discogs, copy& paste the URL in Manual Metadata Search & BINGO!the metadata & cover art appear in dbpoweramp almost instantaneously.

Any ideas how I can make this happen automatically?
    In my case, once data providers ticked in settings, I automatically get metadata from one or more providers on 99.9% of my CDs. So something is odd, but not sure what. The "blocking" idea is promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    Which security software have you installed? Maybe it's blocking the webaccess for dBpa.

Dat Ei
    Just whatever comes as standard with Windows. And Manual Metadata Search gets through OK

dBpoweramp Guru

Just whatever comes as standard with Windows. And Manual Metadata Search gets through OK

I suspect manual metadata is using a different path. But I'm out of ideas.

"I suspect manual metadata is using a different path"

Same CD, same CD drive, same USB cable, same PC, same Internet connection, same source of metadata, but a "different path" ?

Not disputing, just reasoning. Are you sure?

dBpoweramp Guru

I mean security program blocking the internet path to the metadata providers but somehow the manual path being different. I am not 100% sure about anything. I am just another user like you.

"I suspect manual metadata is using a different path"

Same CD, same CD drive, same USB cable, same PC, same Internet connection, same source of metadata, but a "different path" ?

Not disputing, just reasoning. Are you sure?

Administrator

Run dBpoweramp Control Center, which version of dBpoweramp do you have? does it say 'Reference Registered' for the registration status?

From control center

Release 17.3 [64bit]
    Fully registered, no restrictions

Matthew

Administrator

Check in dBpoweramp Control Center >> Advanced Settings >> Allow dBpoweramp to Access the Internet

this should be checked.

Thankyou so much ! I upgraded from an ancient version & it is so easy to overlook "new" settings or changes in UI layout.

My thanks again.
    Matthew