title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can't rip "Misty"

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Can't rip "Misty"

Quote Originally Posted by kswanson View Post
    A cleaned up version of Windows 10.
    Sorry, I don't know what you mean by cleaned up. Care to explain?

It's a non consumer version that is simplified and without most bells and whistles. The actual name escapes me at the moment.

dBpoweramp Guru

It's a non consumer version that is simplified and without most bells and whistles. The actual name escapes me at the moment.
    This makes no sense but I deleted the IP address of my server in DbPA and re entered it.
    So, on your windows 10 desktop running dBpoweramp, exactly where are you entering the IP address?

I enter the IP address in the Path on DBPA. After I click set it asks me to choose a file and I choose my server.

dBpoweramp Guru

You better work with the network name of your server, especially if your DHCP server assigns a dynamic IP to your server.

Dat Ei

It is assigned a dynamic IP address and I do use the server's network name when asked to chose a file.

dBpoweramp Guru

I enter the IP address in the Path on DBPA. After I click set it asks me to choose a file and I choose my server.
    That's not a good idea.

On the server, share the destination folder. Then, on your windows 10 desktop pc, either Add a network location OR Map a network drive using the server share. Finally, in CD Ripper use the share name in the path.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    That's not a good idea.

On the server, share the destination folder. Then, on your windows 10 desktop pc, either Add a network location OR Map a network drive using the server share. Finally, in CD Ripper use the share name in the path.
    Completely agree.

I've used both methods successfully, originally working out how to map the drive took me longer than everything related to ripping CDs, except trying to adapt my own naming string!

There are some brilliant folks on this forum who give their time helping everyone who needs it.

I wasn't clear. I did add a network location so I was following your instructions. Still had the problem so I deleted DBPA and reloaded it. Problem solved. Somehow the program got corrupted apparently.