title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Searching by composer

Searching by composer

Asset UPnP 7.2 Qnap registered.
    For some reason not all composers are now indexed. This is new. For example, under P, composers beginning with Pi and above are found but Pyotr(Tchaikovsky since you ask!) is not. i have tried re-scanning and restarting.
    Of course the problem could be with the Linn apps I use, and I do have over 60k files. Any ideas?

Administrator

Re: Searching by composer

Perhaps it appears under Tchaikovsky? you might have a sort tag which rearranges it.

That could be a work-around, certainly. But why is it necessary? Is there a limit to the number of files Asset can process?

dBpoweramp Guru

To my understanding Spoon is not talking about a workaround, but about two different composer tags: one is Composer, the other ComposerSort. Please check the tags of the missing files.

Dat Ei

Administrator

PerfectTUNES can help you look at your sort tags, run the ID Tag program, and top left choose 'sort tags' have a look what is assigned to the artist, album artist and composer for that composer.

Ah yes, thank you. One recently downloaded CD had COMPOSER SORT tags which somehow made all the other files with the same composer invisible to Asset. Deleted the tags and all is well.