title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Is there an equal alternative to CD Writer?

Question Is there an equal alternative to CD Writer?

I realise CD Writer supported stopped years ago however it remained my preferred and only CD burning program until today when I got the error:

"CD Writer Requires Music Converter R13 Reference or Newer" :(

For me it's a great loss. I don't understand why Illustrate dumped CD Writer, it was perfect companion to the other awesome software for musicians like myself who still burn our own music to CD.

So any way, would admin or any users recommed an alternate CD writing program which takes itself seriously please?

I need text burning, gapless and slow burn speed options.
    The more options the better basically, however I really do NOT want a "cartoonish" interface.
    Any suggestions HUGELY appreciated

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Is there an equal alternative to CD Writer?

You can try CDBurnerXP.

Dat Ei

Re: Is there an equal alternative to CD Writer?

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Ei View Post
    You can try CDBurnerXP.

Dat Ei
    Thanks Dat Ei Unfortunately I didn't like CDBurnerXP GUI, but found out I can run CD Writer on Windows 10 Pro after installing the 32 bit version of Reference.

I realise this has been explained already but to continue using CD Writer on Win 10, hold down the right SHIFT key and run the Reference installer.

You can have both the 32 & 64 bit versions of Reference installed and can use either version of Reference without conflict.
    Last edited by inadream; 05-16-2021 at 05:03 AM.