title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CODEC required could not be opened

dBpoweramp Enthusiast brandonjp's Avatar

Re: CODEC required could not be opened

Well..i'm not saying this is everyone's problem, but......

I had this problem for quite sometime and it became VERY VERY VERY frustrating, until i realized it was all my fault. Whenever i would use the dmc audio cd input, in the options i had my destination for the converted files set to a location that didn't exist....for example...mine was set to drive E:\ which is an external drive i didn't have hooked up...i switched it to drive G:\ (which was hooked up) and from then on NO PROBLEMS!!

good luck

I am having problems converting FLAC to WAve. Unable to open CODEC to decompress file <>. The weird thing is that I can convert some FLAC that I have converted in the past. It is just some of the newly downloaded FLAC that I cannot convert. HELP!

Administrator

Perhaps it is courrupted? tried the new FLAC codec (in beta section)?

Ric

I had this problem and I solved it by adjusting frequency to 44100 Hz or "as source". For some reason I don't know, frequency adjustment was set to 8000 Hz. Hope that helps you guys!

MasterG

i keep getting this error when trying to convert .ogg to .Mp3

The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\My Documents\My Music\Dave Matthews (Band)\(1993) Remember Two Things\01 - Ants Marching.ogg' could not be opened.

Does anyone know how to get it working?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterG
    i keep getting this error when trying to convert .ogg to .Mp3

The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\My Documents\My Music\Dave Matthews (Band)\(1993) Remember Two Things\01 - Ants Marching.ogg' could not be opened.

Does anyone know how to get it working?
    Did you download and install the codec for ogg from Codec Central (In Popular Codecs)? Did you install to the same folder as anything to do with dMC?

Unregistered

Thumbs up Re: CODEC required could not be opened

Quote Originally Posted by Ric
    I had this problem and I solved it by adjusting frequency to 44100 Hz or "as source". For some reason I don't know, frequency adjustment was set to 8000 Hz. Hope that helps you guys!
    By just changing the frequency the problem was solved. Thanks

Unrejisturd

Unhappy Re: CODEC required could not be opened

I keep getting "The CODEC required to decompress..." messages while trying to convert an .s3m file to any other format. I went to Codec Central and acquired the appropriate codec for .s3m files already, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the whole program, as well as restarting my computer. The .s3m file works fine in music players, and I can successfully convert other non-.s3m files. I've tried setting frequency, etc. to "as source" to no effect. It doesn't seem to matter how I answer the popup windows for the codec (that is, whether or not I want to associate other file types with the codec), either. Protracker Modules (including .s3m) are clearly listed in the dMC Configuration under Installed Input Codecs (Read). I don't have the Power Pack. I don't know what else to do. Any ideas?

if you've installed everyhting to the same folder as dMC and it doesn't work still, if all else fails, http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5362

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Organfreak
    I'm having the same problem converting .wavs to .mp3 (any setting). I get "The CODEC required to compress 'D:\MP3s\Poppies-bedtest.mp3' could not be opened." This with version 9 and now v. 10. Am I correct that the only codecs required are in the dB program folder? The only recent changes to my machine were updating my M-Audio Audiophile drivers to v. .0042. Thanks for any help!?

Originally Posted by Organfreak
    I'm having the same problem converting .wavs to .mp3 (any setting). I get "The CODEC required to compress 'D:\MP3s\Poppies-bedtest.mp3' could not be opened." This with version 9 and now v. 10. Am I correct that the only codecs required are in the dB program folder? The only recent changes to my machine were updating my M-Audio Audiophile drivers to v. .0042. Thanks for any help!?
    Your wav and mp3 codecs are a standard part of dBpowerAMP Music Converter release 9 and release 10.1. (This situation will be changing shortly as Spoon is now having to pay to use mp3 codecs).

Organfreak's problem was trying to convert a 24 bit wav file to a 16 bit mp3 file. If you convert the 24 bit wav file to a 16 bit wav file, you should be able to convert that file to mp3 without problem.

If this does not apply to your situation, please let us know. In that case it would help us if you could provide some more specifics on the characteristics of the wav files you are trying to convert (channels, frequencies and so forth) and the settings you are using for the mp3 files you are trying to create.
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen

snap

I Have Windows XP and recently recieved media player 9...ever since I did that my dbpower converter will not compress my mp3's to wavs. I have tryed everything I can think of to correct or adjust to get this to work again as it used to ...but to no avail. It keeps telling me I don't have the Codecs...gads I don't know what codes I need or am lacking to help this program to perform properly....Can you help me? Yes I have reinstalled over and over again to see if it is corrupt but they all act the same .

Thanks In Advance

Snap

Administrator

Try the latest dMC R11 Beta (from beta section), if converting to a compressed wave file click the 'compression' button.

Snap-
    Definitely try Spoon's suggestions.
    Should they not work, please let us know the exact error message you are getting, the characteristics of the mp3 files you are trying to convert (bitrate, frequency, channels) and the characteristics of the wav files you are trying to create (bits, frequency, channels).
    Best wishes,
    Bill Mikkelsen