title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Place output in folder structure [Artist]/[Album]

Place output in folder structure [Artist]/[Album]

I wonder if it is possible to place de rip results in a folder structure like [Artist]/[Album]?

Have been playing with the naming tags but they can only be used to create a custom filename.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Place output in folder structure [Artist]/[Album]

Quote Originally Posted by aaaajeeee View Post
    I wonder if it is possible to place de rip results in a folder structure like [Artist]/[Album]?

Have been playing with the naming tags but they can only be used to create a custom filename.
    No, you can use the tags in the naming string to build up your folder hierachie as you like. I.e. [artist]\[album]\[track] [title]

Dat Ei

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Place output in folder structure [Artist]/[Album]

As Dat Ei notes, yes, you can create any folder structure you prefer. You do this in the naming function (lower left side of ripper screen). I use this naming string and it deals with compilations, multi-disk, etc automatically for me.

[MAXLENGTH]240,[IFCOMP]Compilations\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title] - [artist][][IF!COMP][IFVALUE]album artist,[album artist],[artist][]\[album][IFMULTI]\Disc [disc][]\[track] - [title][][]