title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Question from new user about metadata

Exclamation Question from new user about metadata

Hi,

Is it possible to edit medata on a windows 10 computer, including those off legaly down load music ?

Is it possible to add fields (such one for the back of the label) ?

Would you recommend FLAC or WAV for handling metadate. I've heard on ** that FLAC is better as letting more space while WAV being a pro format, it is lex flexible.

Thanx

Take care

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Question from new user about metadata

You want to be using FLAC for metadata as it can use Vorbis comments meaning you can tag pretty much anything whereas WAV is not designed for extensive tagging, and I believe the tags are non-Unicode (so special characters will be an issue).

Both are lossless, so audio quality will be EXACTLY the same. If you really want to, you can encode 'Uncompressed' with FLAC but it's not worth it - just use FLAC Compression Level 8.

My personal advice is to use Mp3tag to add, edit and remove tags - all the examples you listed can be modified.

Re: Question from new user about metadata

Quote Originally Posted by BOOTP View Post
    You want to be using FLAC for metadata as it can use Vorbis comments meaning you can tag pretty much anything whereas WAV is not designed for extensive tagging, and I believe the tags are non-Unicode (so special characters will be an issue).

Both are lossless, so audio quality will be EXACTLY the same. If you really want to, you can encode 'Uncompressed' with FLAC but it's not worth it - just use FLAC Compression Level 8.

My personal advice is to use Mp3tag to add, edit and remove tags - all the examples you listed can be modified.
    Thanx so much for you kind help