title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Newly Ripped CD's Not Showing Up In Roon - Help!

Newly Ripped CD's Not Showing Up In Roon - Help!

For the last year or so, I've ben in the process of readying my old home for sale, finding a new one, packing, moving, and unpacking.

For the first time since all that began, I sat down to rip some new cd's I had accumulated during that period, to my NAS.

When I start Roon, they aren't showing up. I'm trying to remember if there is something I need to do to refresh things so these new albums can be seen. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Administrator

Re: Newly Ripped CD's Not Showing Up In Roon - Help!

If the files exist, are tagged (can be verified by right clicking on one >> Edit ID Tags) and are in a location that the roon is monitoring, then the ripping part is complete. I know there are some roon users here also, they will perhaps update you on the roon side of things.

Thanks. I logged into my NAS, and the two cd's I ripped are right there, where they should be in my designated music file. Roon simply isn't seeing them. That is the same file where all of the music from my collection is accessed by Roon.

Administrator

What audio format are you ripping to?

same as always, FLAC

dBpoweramp Guru

I do not have to do anything special in ripping FLAC files to work with ROON, including files ripped within the last week. Do they show up as skipped files in roon?

I dont know how to find skipped files in Roon. The artists and albums for the two cd's I ripped earlier simply dont show up either in "artists" or in "albums" in Roon. I've ripped over 2k cd's with dbpoweramp in the past, with no issues. But this is the first time I've tried since I moved back in October.

dBpoweramp Guru

In roon: settings > library > skipped files

and when you look at home > added, do they show up as most recently added?

edit. I suspect something in your watched folder settings in roon.
    Last edited by garym; 05-09-2021 at 04:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    In roon: settings > library > skipped files

and when you look at home > added, do they show up as most recently added?

edit. I suspect something in your watched folder settings in roon.
    Sorry for the delay in following up. I was unfortunately hit by a car back in May, and am only just now able to function, more or less normally. And, I would REALLY like to get this resolved, as I have a bunch of music I cannot access, so any additional help is especially appreciated.

None of these files are showing up as skipped files in Roon

They do not show up as added in Home.

I'm baffled as I can't imagine why anything would have changed in the process of my simply having moved?

I have no idea of what to look for, or what should be changed in "watched folder settings in Roon"

Again, any help would be immensely appreciated.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Slapshot View Post
    Sorry for the delay in following up. I was unfortunately hit by a car back in May, and am only just now able to function, more or less normally. And, I would REALLY like to get this resolved, as I have a bunch of music I cannot access, so any additional help is especially appreciated.

None of these files are showing up as skipped files in Roon

They do not show up as added in Home.

I'm baffled as I can't imagine why anything would have changed in the process of my simply having moved?

I have no idea of what to look for, or what should be changed in "watched folder settings in Roon"

Again, any help would be immensely appreciated.

can you see and play these files outside of Roon. That is, navigate to some of the 'missing' files on your computer and play on your computer with some other player? This is just to confirm the files actually exist and will play without regard to Roon.
    Last edited by garym; 07-31-2021 at 02:39 PM.