title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Missing context menu when using XYplorer

Missing context menu when using XYplorer

Can you add 32-bit context menu support? The only way of using the context menu is choosing the 64-bit one on XYplorer which is a little annoying because we have to wait for the other context menu to load and then search for the option to convert.

PS: also the AC3Filter website is not working anymore: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-ac3.htm

Administrator

Re: Missing context menu when using XYplorer

It is not possible to have a 32 bit shell extension on a 64 bit os.

How is it then that I have 7-zip x64 bits and I can see it's context menu? Same with foobar2000, Mediainfo and LockHunter. There must be a way, I hope it does. Please look into it.

Administrator

These other programs do not integrate into the shell as much as dbpoweramp, they just have right click menu, dbpoweramp has pop up info tips, explorer tab integration, thumbnail and metadata retrieval. The way we do this is to have a dll which windows runs, we actually put the menu item in code. These other programs the menu item is just a registry entry, a fixed value. They could not do a quick concert menu that dbpoweramp has.