title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Asset 6.2 to Pioneer LX500 UDP

Asset 6.2 to Pioneer LX500 UDP

The Pioneer LX UDP is DLNA compatible, and streams my .wav (44.1/ 16bit) Library using TVersity. I also have a DLNA compatible Arcam receiver that streams the library from Asset with no problem

HOWEVER, when using Asset with the LX, although I get all the right heading (Artist, Albums etc) and the Artist and Album names are also carried through, the next level down is empty.

There doesn't seem to be any DLNA setup instructions in the Pioneer menus , and the Pioneer will also stream 192kHz, 24 bit FLAC files via TVersity

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Jeremy

Administrator

Re: Asset 6.2 to Pioneer LX500 UDP

Try a mp3 file, create one and give a unique artist and album name, then add to asset. Does the pioneer see and play that?

Yes!

Amazingly the Pioneer sees it as an .mp3 as the only title under the named Artist folder structure (there are .wav s to the same Artist in the database) and plays it, perfectly!

Very confused as TVersity sees the .wav s stream them as .wav s, according to the Pioneer

Best

Administrator

It must not like how the wave files are being presented. You can set asset to stream wav as mp3

Don't I then loose quality? And it affects also my ARCAM too? Or could I try stream as FLAC to avoid a loss of quality?

Administrator

You could try lpcm as the first test.

Yes, this works - And without loss to my other DLNA devices Thank you!

Is there anyway i can force data from the .wav ID tag to stream to the Pioneer. eg Album, album Cover etc which the Pioneer has the fields for - but they are blank!

Administrator

It is the player which needs to read the art, you are best converting those wave files to FLAC, and the pioneer would probably be happier.

Yes. I've streamed FLAC and it shows as FLAC on the Pioneer using TVersity, with the Album Cover, Album, Genre etc

But when I try to stream FLAC 'as is' on Asset the Pioneer doesn't see the file (as i had like streaming wav 'as is')

When I stream FLAC from Asset as LPCM, it shows as PCM on the Pioneer, but no art etc.

Anymore ideas what may be going ON?

Administrator

Sorry no ideas.