title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Nimbie USB Plus / Windows 10 / dbpoweramp Help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Nimbie USB Plus / Windows 10 / dbpoweramp Help

I just got a Nimbie USB Plus to aid in my archiving project.

I've followed all the steps to load the Nimbie drivers - it is showing up in Device Manager as an Autoloader with drivers sorted.

Then I've followed the instructions on the Batch Ripper page - installed the Nimbie Batch Ripper Driver v6
    Gone into the Batch Ripper config and set the Loading method to Nimbie.

Launched Batch Ripper, selected the Nimbie Drive, set my profile that I want to use.
    Then when I press Rip, it says loading CD and it loads up the first disc and does the rip as expected.
    Spits out the finished disc.
    Gets stuck at the loading part of the next disc.

If I restart my computer, I can then get it to rip another disc. But, this isn't particularly helpful as you can imagine
    I'm sure it is one tiny config thing I missed, but I've been futzing with it for nearly 2 hours now and need a little help!

Many thanks!!

Re: Nimbie USB Plus / Windows 10 / dbpoweramp Help

Quick update - after a few restarts, it did 2 whole CDs before it $*!t the bed. I didn't change any thing on the config or setup.

Administrator

Describe 'Gets stuck at the loading part of the next disc.', what happens exactly?

So what it was doing was going through the first rip, spitting out the disc, and then in Batch Ripper it just said "loading disc" and would sit there endlessly. I'd have to restart the system to get it to respond again.

This morning I restarted the system and loaded up a stack of discs and it has gone through 15 of them working as expected - even rejecting a disc. I don't know why. I haven't changed a single thing on the configuration or physical setup.

dBpoweramp Guru

The innate perversity of inanimate objects. (although the animate ones seem equally perverse at times recently...)

One thing that I did figure out is that Batch Ripper will not communicate with the Nimbie when my USB3 BlueRay drive is attached. Even though I didn't configure it to work with batch ripper and the Nimbie is the only drive in the app and it has the checkmark next to it - doesn't matter. It will not initiate the batch if that other drive is plugged in.

Not a complaint - just thought I'd mention it since I did figure out that oddity.