title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Slow response or content not found when using Asset UPnP with Synology DS 215j

Slow response or content not found when using Asset UPnP with Synology DS 215j

Hi everyone - I'm having problems using Asset with my Synology 215j. After the initial installation, everything is fine. Asset shows up as a DLNA server in the applications I use to play music from my NAS (mainly Bubble UPnP and Yamaha MusicCast). Response times are ok (not great) when navigating through the tree structure, playing music works as it should, changes made to the tree structure are recognized and updated fast.

However, as soon as I stop using Asset, everything fails. Accessing Asset again suddenly tages ages or does not work at all (timeout). If it is actually working, response times are terrible and makes Asset unusable. Browsing through folders takes several minutes, for example. I deleted and re-installed Asset three times, restarted my DS 215j, nothing changed.

I had Plex running on my 215j and have no problems with Synology's own media server or Minimserver. So I don't get why Asset won't work properly and I'll appreciate any suggestions! I like Asset for its customization options and intended to make it my primary media server when it comes to music but it should work then, obviousy.

Many thanks!

Kind regards
    B

Administrator

Re: Slow response or content not found when using Asset UPnP with Synology DS 215j

Perhaps your nas is running out of memory, especially if you have other media servers running, log in an check what it is doing, also look at the cpu usage.

Re: Slow response or content not found when using Asset UPnP with Synology DS 215j

Thanks! I checked and everything looks ok; also deinstalled Synology's media server when installing Asset to avoid overkill. (My 215j can handle running two media servers in general.) However, I might get a 220+ soon and will try Asset again. Still...would love to use it on the 215j. Thanks again!