title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Can't edit tags on .wv compressed DSF aufio files

Question Can't edit tags on .wv compressed DSF aufio files

Hi everybody,
    first of all sorry if I posted on the wrong sub-forum but I can't find a sub-forum for the Edit ID Tags dbPoweramp application.
    Currently I'm running a registered instance of dbPoweramp Reference R17.3 on Windows 10 64-bit.
    When right-clicking on a .wv compressed DSF audio file and choosing "Edit ID Tags", I can't see any of the tags: it seems like the file has no tag but it actually has; I created the file compressing a .dsf using WavPack 5.4.0 and then I added it to JRiver Media Center and tagged it.
    If I use Edit ID Tags to edit some of the blank tags and then click OK I receive no error message but tags are not saved.
    Edit ID Tags works flawlessly with other audio files, including .wv compressed PCM audio files.
    Am I missing something ?
    Thank you.

Administrator

Re: Can't edit tags on .wv compressed DSF aufio files

What size is the file?

Well, I have many hundreds of those files and none of them that I've tried did work.
    Currently I'm testing a 49,3 MB file (2:40 of DSD64 2.0).
    I can edit tags with JRiver and foobar without any problem.
    Sorry: I must correct what previosly wrote: tags are saved but not read.
    I founded out that, after the file tags being edited with dbPoweramp, changes I made are saved to the file (and other filled fields preserved) but, when the file is opened for editing again, they are not displayed (i.e. only the basic fields are displayed and all are empty).
    Thank you for your support.
    Last edited by uirio; 04-30-2021 at 11:21 AM.

Hi all, is there any update about this ?
    Is there anybody experiencing the same behaviour ?
    Thank you.

Administrator

You can upload one of your files (one before tagging, one after, and state which tags were added) please to drop box and personal message me a link.