title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

CDs ripped to FLAC suddenly showing error and wont rip

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Phaelon56
    • Apr 2021

CDs ripped to FLAC suddenly showing error and wont rip

Hello to all. I purchased this product after a horrible experience with NCH Express Rip. I liek this interfacve and am delighted that it has, thus far, been able to find every single artist/album/track name automatically even on some of my more obscure titles. I ripped about 30 discs the first day - all worked flawlessly. Today the prgram got through 22 of 25 tracks ona disc and then showed errors that prevented it from going further. I tried a different disc and this type of error appeared on every track - coudl not rip at all. In the Rip Status column it just show a red X and the word Errors. I am using the default Level 5 encoding.

Gear: brand new Asus laptop with updated Win 10, and using a brand new LG external USB attached CD/DVD drive/writer. Id it possible that the issue is the CD/DVD drive? I ripped a few hundred discs with it using the CD Express Rip software (which were all clicks and nothing else)but apart from that i was never used.

The ouptut that describes errors has the phrase "reason: (win:112) [dEncoder_FLAC:BeginConversion] appended to the end of the error message for each track that does not rip.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: CDs ripped to FLAC suddenly showing error and wont rip

On the error page which shows at the end of ripping, click the Copy Errors to Clipboard and paste them here please.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Phaelon56
      • Apr 2021

Originally posted by Spoon
      On the error page which shows at the end of ripping, click the Copy Errors to Clipboard and paste them here please.
      Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 7' to 'C:\Users\13154\Music\Phil Manzanera\801 Live; Collectors Edition, Disc 2\07 801 - Baby's on Fire.flac'
      Unable to write to file 'C:\Users\13154\Music\Phil Manzanera\801 Live; Collectors Edition, Disc 2\07 801 - Baby's on Fire._', reason: (win:112) [clEncoder_FLAC::EncodeBlock]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 8' to 'C:\Users\13154\Music\Phil Manzanera\801 Live; Collectors Edition, Disc 2\08 801 - Diamond Head.flac'
      Unable to write to file 'C:\Users\13154\Music\Phil Manzanera\801 Live; Collectors Edition, Disc 2\08 801 - Diamond Head._', reason: (win:112) [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 9' to 'C:\Users\13154\Music\Phil Manzanera\801 Live; Collectors Edition, Disc 2\09 801 - Miss Shapiro.flac'
      Unable to write to file 'C:\Users\13154\Music\Phil Manzanera\801 Live; Collectors Edition, Disc 2\09 801 - Miss Shapiro._', reason: (win:112) [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 10' to 'C:\Users\13154\Music\Phil Manzanera\801 Live; Collectors Edition, Disc 2\10 801 - You Really Got Me.flac'
      Unable to write to file 'C:\Users\13154\Music\Phil Manzanera\801 Live; Collectors Edition, Disc 2\10 801 - You Really Got Me._', reason: (win:112) [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 11' to 'C:\Users\13154\Music\Phil Manzanera\801 Live; Collectors Edition, Disc 2\11 801 - Third Uncle.flac'
      Unable to write to file 'C:\Users\13154\Music\Phil Manzanera\801 Live; Collectors Edition, Disc 2\11 801 - Third Uncle._', reason: (win:112) [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]

Error ripping to FLAC, 'Track 12' to 'C:\Users\13154\Music\Phil Manzanera\801 Live; Collectors Edition, Disc 2\12 801 - Lagrima (Reprise).flac'
      Unable to write to file 'C:\Users\13154\Music\Phil Manzanera\801 Live; Collectors Edition, Disc 2\12 801 - Lagrima (Reprise)._', reason: (win:112) [clEncoder_FLAC::BeginConversion]

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

It means CD Ripper cannot write to the location:

C:\Users\13154\Music\

Check it exists, in CD Ripper click 'Set' next Path and rechoose the music folder.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Phaelon56
          • Apr 2021

Thanks - that fixed it!

Comment

Working...

]]>