title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: How Can You Add New Ripped Music to a Micro SD Card in a DAP?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

How Can You Add New Ripped Music to a Micro SD Card in a DAP?

I ripped a batch of CD's to my laptop's new FLAC Music folder and then sent that first batch to the new SanDisk Ultra 512GB micro SD card using the card reader on my Dell XPS 17. Have listened to first batch in my Cayin N8 Brass Black DAP, the uncompressed FLAC music sounds fantastic and all the album artwork is available (as opposed to only 70% in my WMP WAV). How do I add the rest of the CD's when I've finished ripping them? Other than individually sending them to the micro SD card, one by one? Or I delete the first batch from the card and send the complete FLAC ripped collection to the card in one go? Am I missing a cunning plan here?

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: How Can You Add New Ripped Music to a Micro SD Card in a DAP?

Quote Originally Posted by ChisChas View Post
    I ripped a batch of CD's to my laptop's new FLAC Music folder and then sent that first batch to the new SanDisk Ultra 512GB micro SD card using the card reader on my Dell XPS 17. Have listened to first batch in my Cayin N8 Brass Black DAP, the uncompressed FLAC music sounds fantastic and all the album artwork is available (as opposed to only 70% in my WMP WAV). How do I add the rest of the CD's when I've finished ripping them? Other than individually sending them to the micro SD card, one by one? Or I delete the first batch from the card and send the complete FLAC ripped collection to the card in one go? Am I missing a cunning plan here?
    TuneFUSION?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    I've had a look but I don't think that's a solution. I was aware of the problem before I started ripping, probably should have ripped 3 CD's, checked they sounded ok, deleted them & then ripped my 400 CD's. I suspect that deleting the first batch and sending the complete FLAC music folder to the micro SD card is the quickest way to do it. If I've ripped one CD of an artist in the first batch then another two CD's of the same artist, that's where the fun starts if I send the 2nd batch to my card, one by one. The reason I ripped a good number in batch 1 is because I'm now using my new 512GB card in my DAP and I wanted a reasonable amount of music to listen to as ripping 'only' 400 CD's still takes long enough.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChisChas View Post
    I've had a look but I don't think that's a solution.
    Why not?

You rip CDs to your library master folder on the laptop and TuneFUSION takes care of syncing that folder with your micro SD card.

... or, you could use something like FreeFileSync.
    Last edited by mville; 04-23-2021 at 09:30 AM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Why not?

You rip CDs to your library master folder on the laptop and TuneFUSION takes care of syncing that folder with your micro SD card.

... or, you could use something like FreeFileSync.
    Ok, I'll have another look at TuneFUSION, I can try the Trial version as it's a one-off use.

After ripping the remaining CDs, open the master folder of music on your Dell XPS. Somewhere along the top of the folder window you should be able to group the recordings by Date. Alternatively, show the recording as a List then click on the Date column to arrange them by date instead of alphabetically. Now, click once on the topmost "new" folder, scroll to the last "new" recording and hold down the Shift key while you click once on that last recording. All of the "new" recordings should now be highlighted. Right-click and select either Copy To or Move To, then select the micro-SD card as the destination.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by starvinmarvin View Post
    After ripping the remaining CDs, open the master folder of music on your Dell XPS. Somewhere along the top of the folder window you should be able to group the recordings by Date. Alternatively, show the recording as a List then click on the Date column to arrange them by date instead of alphabetically. Now, click once on the topmost "new" folder, scroll to the last "new" recording and hold down the Shift key while you click once on that last recording. All of the "new" recordings should now be highlighted. Right-click and select either Copy To or Move To, then select the micro-SD card as the destination.
    This is brilliant, thank you. I had already deleted the dbp FLAC music on the micro SD card and sent the entire 473 ripped CD's worth to the card in one go but next time I'll use your excellent tip. It is quicker to use the SD card reader in my XPS 17 than via a USB cable & to the Cayin N8 Brass Black DAP.