title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Control panel for pc missing from asset download

Control panel for pc missing from asset download

Control panel missing from asset download. Asset downloaded to pc and can access it from Ipad ok so definitely installed and working (has sorted out library ok) but I have no control on pc to access library on pc. Had control panel ok on old Asset version I had on old pc but missing from current download. Any ideas what I have to do to get control panel.

Administrator

Re: Control panel for pc missing from asset download

Try to reinstall it, the control panel is just an icon in the start menu.

Thanks for reply.....I have re installed it. There is no icon at all. Download folder just contains Asset UPnP configuration & Asset help. Can find no way to start control panel to enable me to use Asset on pc itself. Old version I used to have did have an icon but nothing at all with latest version I downloaded.

Thanks for your assistance it is probably something simple I am overlooking and my fault but never used to have this problem. Steve

I access Asset on my NAS although I also have a copy on the Windows 10 PC for backup. I hadn't used the PC version but when I saw this post I thought I would look at the control panel in Windows. I couldn't find a control panel icon (like the poster above) so I selected the Asset configuration icon and then selected "Edit Advanced Settings" which took me to the attached screen. So is what's being called the control panel in the posts above or is there something else?

Asset-config.JPG

Just wondering.......I did not download trial version first......as I have already used Asset before I purchased download without first installing trail......would that be why I cannot access control point on PC ?
    I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple of times and still am missing control point. Never ever installs an icon. Any help gratefully received. Steve

Thanks for reply. I can access "edit advanced settings" but that does not let me access library directly on pc. On an old version I had I was be able to call up library and control music etc on pc.
    I am able to use Asset from a Cambridge Audio app and Arcam app (and through Roon) just not directly from pc. Used to be able to do that without any problem on old version I had

Thanks for your assistance and help Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevehayes View Post
    Thanks for reply. I can access "edit advanced settings" but that does not let me access library directly on pc......
    Ah, ok. I did wonder if you were referring to something else when you mentioned "control point" rather than control panel in your previous to last post. I use the Cambridge Audio (control point) apps as well and can access Asset on the NAS and on the PC. I don't have an icon for a control point on the PC either, but I didn't realise there should be one.

Thanks for help.......maybe it does not exist on current version......but certainly was on old version I was using recently.....I would mainly use Asset via Cambridge Audio or Roon so is not a major problem thankfully but just was bugging me why I could no longer access library on pc itself......

Your reply appreciated so thank you. Steve

Administrator

Press the Windows Key + R

to bring up the Run box and paste:

"C:\Program Files\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\AssetConfig.exe" --normalwin

This will show it (if asset is installed at that location).

Hi.....thanks for reply.....if I type in exactly as stated it comes up cannot find program
    I can access AssetUPnP configuration without any problem and I know Asset is stalled as
    Both my Streamer / Arcam MusicLife app and Roon can find it and I can use library from
    Those apps. What I cannot do is access library direct on pc itself. Used to be able to do
    That with my last Asset version. (Which was a few years old !) maybe you can no longer
    Do that with correct version ?

Thanks for all your assistance so far........Steve

Administrator

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\AssetConfig.exe" --normalwin

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Illustrate\dBpoweramp\AssetConfig.exe" --normalwin
    That's the Asset config screen isn't it? I posted that above, asking if that was what stevehayes was looking for, which it wasn't.

He's looking for a control point for the PC. As far as I can see from previous forum posts, you used to provide Asset Control which is still mentioned in the Asset Help, but it appears you stopped developing it some time ago and presumably don't include it in the download any more.

Hi....thanks for all your assistance but I think what I am looking for no longer appears to be part
    On current Asset program. As I said my last version was somewhat old.
    No real problems with running Asset as all my important apps can access it.
    Just could not understand why I did not have access the same as older program.

Hi.....thanks for your assistance and help.
    Lol....looks like I was looking for something that no longer exists
    My last version was a bit old. Steve

Administrator