title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Unchecked Tracks I Didn't Want but They Have Still Been Ripped, Why FFS?

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Unchecked Tracks I Didn't Want but They Have Still Been Ripped, Why FFS?

I've now ripped 80 CD's and as I don't like every single track, on every single CD, I uncheck those I don't want and then rip. Why is Ripper ripping the unchecked tracks? Only just noticed so now I have a HUGE admin job to go back over all the CD's where I didn't rip the entire CD.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: Unchecked Tracks I Didn't Want but They Have Still Been Ripped, Why FFS?

Prior to ripping, try right-clicking on any track and select the Rip Selected option from the context menu.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Thanks for the quick response, so unchecking the tracks you don't want, doesn't guarantee the programme won't decide you should have them? What is a 'context menu and where do I find this? It is laborious enough to rip 400 CD's (especially when you ripped all 400 in WMP WAV only last July) but do I have to uncheck & then right click on any track and select the Rip Selected option from the context menu? And will I be warned about this in the notes for CD Ripper?

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChisChas View Post
    What is a 'context menu and where do I find this?
    Context menu - Wikipedia

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Very good, M8. So I think you're saying that I have to add another stage to an already laborious process and I have to uncheck AND then select Rip Selected? In the much maligned WMP, if you uncheck a track it's not ripped LOL

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Prior to ripping, try right-clicking on any track and select the Rip Selected option from the context menu.
    If you select Rip Selected, it will only rip that one track and none other so that suggestion doesn't help at all.

dBpoweramp Guru

In the much maligned WMP, if you uncheck a track it's not ripped LOL
    I hope you aren't here to defend WMP?

dBpoweramp Guru

If you select Rip Selected, it will only rip that one track and none other so that suggestion doesn't help at all.
    Then I don't know what to suggest as I always rip the entire CD.

dBpoweramp Guru

Hmm, using CD Ripper R16.6, Rip to FLAC, I just inserted a 24 track CD, selected tracks 2, 8 and 23 and clicked the Rip button.

Result: 3 tracks ripped, tracks 2, 8 and 23.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Out of about 80 CD's ripped so far, 15 fall into the 'not all tracks wanted' category so I've had to go into each dbpoweramp CD folder and more than half of the 15 have ripped unchecked tracks so it has created a lot of clerky work to manually delete those tracks.
    Is it possible the CD Ripper gets 'confused' if you start to rip before finishing the unchecking of unwanted tracks process? I'm trying to figure out the inconsistency
    Last edited by ChisChas; 04-18-2021 at 12:56 PM.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mville View Post
    Hmm, using CD Ripper R16.6, Rip to FLAC, I just inserted a 24 track CD, selected tracks 2, 8 and 23 and clicked the Rip button.

Result: 3 tracks ripped, tracks 2, 8 and 23.
    See my post 'suggesting' that starting the rip process 'might' confuse the CD Ripper. I am now waiting until I've finished unchecking un wanted tracks before starting the rip. This seems to work. I was trying to save time by starting the rip whilst unchecking at the same time (where track 1 was wanted) as you can finish unchecking whilst track is being ripped. Appreciate that dbpoweramp works a bit differently to WMP but you can defo uncheck 'on the hoof' with WMP. As a matter of 'good practice', I am now checking immediately after ripping any CD when some tracks aren't wanted.

Administrator

You have to uncheck the tracks before clicking Rip.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    You have to uncheck the tracks before clicking Rip.
    Yes, I discovered this, luckily I noticed the problem after only 80 CD's had been ripped. Some 15 were on a 'not all tracks' basis & I had to check each one deleting unwanted tracks as I went along. Is this important tip/hint in the rip notes? If not, can you add it please?