title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: ReplayGain: Disable Clip-Prevention

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

ReplayGain: Disable Clip-Prevention

Hi.

I am needing to re-apply ReplayGain tags following ripping a while back and for speed, I am finding foobar2000 quicker to do this.

However, can I confirm the option in dbPoweramp called 'Disable Clip-Prevention' and NOT ticking this would be the same in foobar2000 as choosing 'apply gain and prevent clipping according to peak'? The default option in foobar2000 is just 'apply gain'.

Thanks.
    Last edited by BOOTP; 04-17-2021 at 09:44 AM.

Administrator

Re: ReplayGain: Disable Clip-Prevention

The dBpwoweramp process does not change the audio data, just the tags, it looks like that option in foobar is changing the data.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: ReplayGain: Disable Clip-Prevention

Thanks Spoon. For FLAC, Foobar2000 just does a scan and updates the tags - there is no re-encode / change to audio stream. The tag writing is fine in both applications, but I find the language a bit confusing and double negative like.

If 'Disable Clip-Prevention' is unchecked (by default) then to me that means dBpoweramp prevents clips from happening (which I want). If you tick it, then clips can happen? I think and hope the option in Foobar2000 does the same - i.e. prevents clips.