title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Need checkbox for multiple discs

Need checkbox for multiple discs

When converting a bunch of files there needs to be a checkbox that we can select that indicates that the selection contains files from multiple discs. Without this option the [IFMULTI] option in the dynamic file naming is useless. The option is present for CD ripping but not for batch converting. Bonus points if you allow us, on a per-folder basis in the batch converter to check a box that indicates that this is a multi-disc album. I always "convert" stuff I downloaded from Amazon so that files are all consistently named. Thank you for considering this feature request.

Re: Need checkbox for multiple discs

BTW I did notice that the IFMULTI thing seems to be correctly set if it detects multiple discs from teh ID3 tags but it would still be really nice to have a little checkbox to force it.

Administrator

If you want to force it, create a new profile and not even use [IFMULI] just have the naming to what ever you want for compilations.

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    If you want to force it, create a new profile and not even use [IFMULI] just have the naming to what ever you want for compilations.
    Thank you for the reply. With respect, that is a terrible answer. You have a mechanism for file naming that is amazing, but no mechanism for setting an important attribute. The other one in the same vein is whether or not it is part of a compilation and IFCOMP. If you are going to allow those in dynamic file names you really should provide a way of setting them, as you do in the CD ripper. Fortunately multi-disc / compilations are relatively rare for me so I am not going to stress abut this but I really think you should consider this. Have a lovely day.