title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: behaviour with commandline

Question behaviour with commandline

Hello team,

i have to convert a whole bunch of files from an excel sheet. I designed some formulas to take the complete commands one after another with && between to create my files. So far so wonderful.
    BUT: if one formula doesn't match the requirements because of not matching quality and bitrates or some other it breaks up the whole script.
    Is there any clue on that? The command line is not useful, if errors stops the batch process.

thank you
    Kenai

Administrator

Re: behaviour with commandline

It is not core converter which is stopping your batch, but the triggering of an error is stopping excel.

You need to log each command line to a file then try manually the ones which do not work, this will allow you to find out what the issue is.

Thank you spoon for the quick reply.
    May be i described it not sharp enough: Excel exported the strings to a batch file which i run in the dbpoweramp folder. You can also try with copy and paste the following two scripts.
    The first try to encode 8kHz with quality 10 which may not be allowed. The 2nd works fine. If run it stops with the error, if 8kHz is corrected to 44 both scripts are performed perfectly one after the other.
    Because excel produces a really big number of combinations of qualities, bit rates and sampling frequencies i can't check for every error message :-(

CoreConverter.exe -infile="...\input_stereo.wav" -outfile="...\WMA9_stereo_8kHz_VBR-Quality_10.wma" -convert_to="Windows Media Audio 10" -codec="Windows Media Audio 9.2" -settings="VBR Quality 10, 8 kHz, stereo VBR" -vbr
    &&
    CoreConverter.exe -infile="...\input_stereo.wav" -outfile="...\WMA9_stereo_44kHz_VBR-Quality_10.wma" -convert_to="Windows Media Audio 10" -codec="Windows Media Audio 9.2" -settings="VBR Quality 10, 44 kHz, stereo VBR" -vbr

thank you
    Kenai

Administrator

VBR in WMA only works with 48 and 44 KHz, you would have to switch to CBR to use 8KHz

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    VBR in WMA only works with 48 and 44 KHz, you would have to switch to CBR to use 8KHz
    Hi Spoon,
    Ti know about the limitations but have to find a workarround to prevent the batchfile from executing if such mismatch occurs. The whole process shall be automated so its not a question which works and which not but what if mismatch comes up. i.e. ffmpeg skips and writes a log. How can i get this with dbpoweramp?

Thank you
    Kenai

Administrator

dBpoweramp does skip the file, it is just dBpoweramp returns an error state, and how you are calling dbpoweramp that is stopping, not dBpoweramp (which is called individually for each file).