title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

How to transcode all existing formats to WAV24

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlueberryBliss
    • Jul 2020

How to transcode all existing formats to WAV24

I am looking to get a trial with a view to purchase Asset. I haven't installed anything yet but I did have a look through the various instructions and I have been unable to find how to do the following.

Using a Synology NAS I would like to make 1 change to the default settings, which is to transcode my existing formats (FLAC, ALAC, AAC & MP3) to one format - Wav 24 bit. FYI I don't need replaygain.

Is this possible and how do I go about doing it?

Thanks in advance
  • Mike-B
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2018

Re: How to transcode all existing formats to WAV24

In the Asset configuration selection (thats your IP Address with 45537 added = 192.XXX.1.XXX:45537)
    In the section with all the formats listed, open FLAC & set to "play as" WAV

Comment

• BlueberryBliss
      • Jul 2020

Originally posted by Mike-B
      In the Asset configuration selection (thats your IP Address with 45537 added = 192.XXX.1.XXX:45537)
      In the section with all the formats listed, open FLAC & set to "play as" WAV
      Thanks,

I saw this but it's the additional WAV 24 bit that I was looking for (I wanted to transcode the 16 bit material to 24 bit)

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You would check the replay gain option, set to 24 bit, this will increase bitdepth to 24 bit, even if no replyagain tags are present.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BlueberryBliss
          • Jul 2020

Originally posted by Spoon
          You would check the replay gain option, set to 24 bit, this will increase bitdepth to 24 bit, even if no replyagain tags are present.
          Thanks, I have just installed asset as a trial and will try this out.

Comment

• Mike-B
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Aug 2018

Theres no point in upsampling 16 to 24, it doesnt do much to SQ

Comment

• BlueberryBliss
              • Jul 2020

Thanks everyone, in the end the constant rescanning when you make changes just got on my nerves, I also find the navigation requires too many click-throughs to get to your destination, for some albums it seems to stop after the first song for others it plays through, and many other other niggles so I have decided against using Asset.

Comment

Working...

]]>