title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

The 'Audio CD - Remove Gaps' DSP does not function in dBpoweramp CD Ripper R17.3.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jason.mulree
    • Apr 2021

The 'Audio CD - Remove Gaps' DSP does not function in dBpoweramp CD Ripper R17.3.

When using the 'Audio CD - Remove Gaps' DSP does not function in dBpoweramp CD Ripper R17.3, the information logs shows 'Gapless information is missing, ensure this DSP effect is used with CD Ripper (R14 or later)'. I have the 'Gap (Pre-Track)' and 'Index Positions' columns visible.

This issue does not appear to exist when reverting to dBpoweramp R16.6 using identical settings, unfortunately I could not download earlier dBpoweramp R17.x to test.

I have tested on multiple computers which have yielded similar behaviour.
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: The 'Audio CD - Remove Gaps' DSP does not function in dBpoweramp CD Ripper R17.3.

Noted, will test.
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Aqm Five-Tree
      • May 2021

Re: The 'Audio CD - Remove Gaps' DSP does not function in dBpoweramp CD Ripper R17.3.

I've confirmed in 17.4 (Mac) the gaps are not being removed. CDs with gaps have identical time length with and without Remove Gaps enabled, file size the same, etc. Ripping only to one encoder.

Originally posted by jason.mulree
      When using the 'Audio CD - Remove Gaps' DSP does not function in dBpoweramp CD Ripper R17.3, the information logs shows 'Gapless information is missing, ensure this DSP effect is used with CD Ripper (R14 or later)'. I have the 'Gap (Pre-Track)' and 'Index Positions' columns visible.

This issue does not appear to exist when reverting to dBpoweramp R16.6 using identical settings, unfortunately I could not download earlier dBpoweramp R17.x to test.

I have tested on multiple computers which have yielded similar behaviour.

Comment

• PeterP
        Super Moderator
        • Jul 2011

Thanks for the bug report.
        Indeed some of the functionality got lost in transition to R17.
        Addressed in the latest beta version-
        Current version: R17.5 beta 15 Download: <released> Changes since R17.4: CD Ripper: Fixed rare crash when ejecting CD. CD Ripper: Fixed wrong album art shown after manual meta search. Re-added missing fields in ID Tag Processing. Improved ReplayGain scanning performance. Improved resampling performance. Fixed

Comment

Working...

]]>