title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Perfecttunes showing all tracks as duplicates

Perfecttunes showing all tracks as duplicates

I have a two disc Synology NAS drive and I read it using an app from Cambridge Audio called StreamMagic.

I have found that I have two albums with duplicate tracks on them (all written by dbpoweramp).
    Ah-ha, thought I, I can run perfecttunes to eliminate them. Which I did, but unfortunately every track was marked as a duplicate including the two erroneous albums which should have shown as being doubled up.
    Is there a solution to this problem?
    I use a Mac.
    Last edited by R J Thorpe; 04-05-2021 at 06:47 AM.

Administrator

Re: Perfecttunes showing all tracks as duplicates

Look at the library location in perfect tunes, you should only be scanning one location, the nas

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon View Post
    Look at the library location in perfect tunes, you should only be scanning one location, the nas
    I'm not sure I understand. The two disc NAS drive I have functions as a self-contained backup i.e. one contains an automatic copy of the other, in case of a head crash on one of them. How can I point Perfecttunes to just the one?
    Thanks for your help.

Administrator

https://www.dbpoweramp.com/help/PerfectTUNESOSX/

The main control center, where it says 'Music Library' you should just have 1 location set, if 2 delete the 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by R J Thorpe View Post
    I'm not sure I understand. The two disc NAS drive I have functions as a self-contained backup i.e. one contains an automatic copy of the other, in case of a head crash on one of them.
    I'm a relatively new user of a Synology NAS with 2 discs (also using StreamMagic). I'm assuming that with your 2 discs (if they are the same size) you have the NAS configured as RAID 1, so really you just see the one disc where you store your data, music etc and the NAS automatically writes everything to both discs. You only have access to a single copy of everything.

After ripping all my CDs I had a few instances of duplicate tracks in an album, probably where I had re-ripped in a different CD-drive without overwriting the tracks that were ripped previously. I just deleted them manually from the NAS.

Thanks for your help. I find that Synology doesn't find the duplicates but StreamMagic does! So I can't delete them. PerfectTunes only displays the one volume but still seems as if it is picking up both.

Yes it displays 1 location.

Administrator

If you run De-Dupe then for one of the duplicates:

Click the 'i' button and type here the 'File' 'Folder' and 'Type' shown for each of the 2 matching duplicates.

What should the &*8216;Music Library&*8217; contain as the location?

Administrator

It should be the root folder that contains your music on the Nas.

I tried the root folder and yes, thank you, it worked. But it missed some of them. Principally those in a double album of piano concerti. It only flagged one movement. And five other movements it missed.
    Would it be possible to expand the instructions under the heading Music Library to indicate it should be the root folder which should be placed there? That would help ignoramuses like me. Thank you.